• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
Soon to have two desktop monitors, I asked the other day in a thread not sure what one.. If I have two displays do they after be connected to the top GPU..

But I just came across this video that when running in extended mode what I will be running I can have each display connected to each GPU.

So GPU1 to display 1, GPU2 to display 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fhSLiz079c#t=257

Can anyone confirm you can still do this? And what do you do to control each display?

Soldato
I have both of my screens hooked up to the top gpu. Just go to CCC and set it up in desktop management.

Fwiw, I don't get increased idle temps or usage with a second monitor either.

Soldato
I have both of my screens hooked up to the top gpu. Just go to CCC and set it up in desktop management.

Fwiw, I don't get increased idle temps or usage with a second monitor either.

Have you tried running one display from each GPU?? and is they any benefit from doing so?

I was told in other thread AMD dont support this, that AMD video tells different story.

Guess I'll just wait and see.

Soldato
Soon to have two desktop monitors, I asked the other day in a thread not sure what one.. If I have two displays do they after be connected to the top GPU..

But I just came across this video that when running in extended mode what I will be running I can have each display connected to each GPU.

So GPU1 to display 1, GPU2 to display 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fhSLiz079c#t=257

Can anyone confirm you can still do this? And what do you do to control each display?

Where in that video does it say that monitor1 is connected to GPU1 and monitor2 is connected to GPU2? I've had a skim through it but can't see where it mentions that.

Soldato
Ah missed that bit.
Yeah, that seems to quite clearly state that they can connect to different GPUs, although like you (and the other thread) I always thought they had to connect to the top GPU.
Quite a recent video (well, -ish) so maybe something's changed.

Not tried it or can think of any benfit for doing so tbh.

Cool i'll test it when the time comes..

Soldato
Anyone come across this bug? Be aware I have crossfire.

If I'm playing WoW and I alt-tab and try to load Chrome/HTML5 Youtube, I'll get a hard video crash, I assume because GPUs are 'locked' to WoW and when it tries to load hardware video accelleration it crashes. It will all be fine after a hard power off and reboot.

If I disable crossfire, it seems to work fine unless I've been lucky.

Just an annoying niggle not a big issue, but would like to eliminate the crashes if there is a way. I am using the Omega drivers.

Last edited:
Soldato
To confirm, as expected, disabling HW accelleration resolves this issue.
Glad it was something simple and somewhat expected to be the cause, rather than an absolute ****ache, just a shame I've had to do so!

If anyone else has had this issue with Crossfire/Hardware Accelleration and resolved it in a different manner, let me know!

On the plus side, as I've now added my overclocks at vBIOS level, I no longer have to disable ULPS, so I get the speed, with the added bonus of cooler/quieter when the extra card is powered down :)
Making me tempted to upgrade to 7950 Crossfire as its working pretty well over all (much the same as the last time I had crossfire once dodgy crossfire bridge issues sorted!), but I have little money and as my board is 16x/4x 2.0 not 3.0 on the PCI-E I think it'd get crippled lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom