• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
Here's how they can fix this...

release an alpha driver with a big-ass disclaimer :D

As to why taking so long, there's a lot of new shiny stuff in the news, Vulkan, VR, etc etc

Soldato
Yeah, feel like I might as well have just got one 4gb 290, rather than three 8gb 290x.

There really is no need for this approach, even if they are adding major features. That should not stop them releasing interim updates for games.

Starting to pee me off about as much as the memory stuff on the 970's did.

Soldato
This driver better be worth that wait.

I switched to AMD not long before the Omega driver was released to try AMD out as I have had nvidia for years so I am better informed whenever 20nm drops to make the right decision and they have done this.

easy decision atm.

Caporegime
I'm on 14.9 guys, any point in updating? Not really playing any new games, wondering about overall performance.

Id say if your not having any problems with those, and not bothered about VSR, then no.

There isn't much performance difference over the 14.9s (as i went from those to the Omegas and can't see any), the big performance increase they showed in the slides, was over a driver that was months and months before those :p

Last edited:
Soldato
What issue is that?

Some of us (not all, which is why they are having trouble replicating it) have issues where DPC latency goes through the roof if you have more than one monitor enabled. Disabling vsync helps, but the only real workaround is Disabling any secondary monitors (which then allows you to use vsync with no problems). Oddly, this doesn't affect eyefinity arrays, but just extended desktops. Matt had reported several times, but they don't seem able to fix it because they can't pin down a cause (no common hardware, etc). Real pain in the backside and I'm also desperate for a fix.

Back
Top Bottom