• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Caporegime
It's not a bug, it was removed when they switched to Crimson. It was, however, one of the options on an AMD page where people could vote for what features they'd like to see implemented into the driver suite. I seem to remember it did pretty well in the vote.

Yep, and that was eons ago, i can't believe they still havn't put em back in yet.

Caporegime
Yep, and that was eons ago, i can't believe they still havn't put em back in yet.

It took about a year from a request to Matt to implement an Elite: Dangerous crossfire profile to the drivers (by which time a ******** from this forum alone switched to nVidia). I wouldn't hold your breath.

Maybe AMD driver guy is on holiday?? :D

Soldato
GPU will always be maxed out while playing demanding games. 100% is good for a GPU.
What does OBS say? are you reaching the target frame rate? is it saying encoding overload? Failed? Going to need more information what is happening when you start using OBS?
I think I've found a problem: I was recording the desktop rather than using "Game Capture". However, the resulting recording is still like 1 frame every 5 seconds, even if I scale down to 1080p and use a really low bit rate. It says "Encoding overloaded!" as soon as I make the game full screen (1440p).

EDIT: Fixed it by resetting all settings and then just changing things one at a time. I think the culprit was my resize settings, it was probably set to do it in more than one place. Basically I need the canvas size to be 1440p but the output size to be 1080p. An output size of 1440p results in 1 FPS output at best! Just tried the "balanced" HEVC profile @ 15 Mb/s, looks pretty good and I'm sure it can be tweaked further.

Last edited:
Associate
It was really silly to remove colour options. I need saturation for gaming on my AOC and nearly switched to Nvidia because of it. Luckily I found vibrance.gui it's a free down load and it doesn't even install.

Associate
Yeah it was, but luckily for me, im still on the 16.3s from last March, so still got those options.

What! you still running the Fury Pro? So what happened to the 1080Ti you supposedly had on order?

I have been running the latest drivers and enjoying more FPS than the 16.3 drivers gave me....and all for the sake of popping into windows for the colour options.

So if we want the colour options all we gotta do is go install over a year old drivers and lose any FPS gains that we gained in that time so we can get the colour options in the driver software....well at least now we know.....thanks but no thanks, I'll stick with better frame rates (especially minimums) over being able to get colour options directly in the driver software. Please go buy your 1080Ti and be done with trying your hardest to bad mouth each and every thread that concerns AMD/POLARIS/Vega et al... We are all getting bored of it now.

Thank You

Soldato
It was really silly to remove colour options. I need saturation for gaming on my AOC and nearly switched to Nvidia because of it. Luckily I found vibrance.gui it's a free down load and it doesn't even install.

You do realise that Nividia drivers do not have a vibrance option either? So why would switching to Nvidia help?

As you said vibrance.gui will do exactly what you need and in fact is recommended by many Nvidia users because as stated, Nvidia don't have a vibrance option either.

Soldato
Tomorrow AMD will launch new 17.7.2 display driver which will introduce some changes.

Enhanced Sync
NVIDIA’s Fast Sync finally gets a competitor. With 17.7.2 driver AMD introduces an alternative to VSync called Enhanced Sync. I’m not going to explain how this works here, but what you need to know is that it will give you the advantages of VSync without the latency caused by synchronization with the display. No more tearing and no more lag.

Relive at 100 MB/s
Relive will now allow you to save the recordings at a higher bitrate. You will now be able to record at 100 Mb/s. The Relive in 17.7.2 driver will also allow you to add a webcam to the stream and boost the volume of the microphone from within the Radeon panel.

Radeon Chill now on laptops
Radeon Chill will now be enabled for mobile graphics cards, multi-GPU configurations and also external graphics cards. In case you don’t know what Radeon Chill is, it’s basically a frame limiting tool to lower power consumption and the heat.

Full changelog will be released tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom