• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Caporegime
I know why you getting this now it means you trying to use an output higher than your 290 can handle. Max is 1080p 60fps for R9 290

Does that mean 1920x1080? If so then yeah that could be it as I am at 2560x1080 and kind of need that res if I want to keep the 21.9 format.....

Not too bothered for now anyway as I very rarely stream, happy enough with relive, easy to use and simple :D

Soldato
Associate
Getting thread stuck in device driver when cold booting after a few minutes after logging into windows 10. A restart and then everything works fine. More rarely the monitor will lose signal(DP) and you will have to switch the monitor off and then on to get anything on the screen. Running a Sapphire 380 4GB.

Soldato
AMD Radeon Crimson 17.7.1

Article Number: RN-WIN-RADEONCRIMSONRELIVE-17.7.1
Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition is AMD's advanced graphics software for enabling high-performance gaming and engaging VR experiences. Create, capture, and share your remarkable moments. Effortlessly boost performance and efficiency. Experience Radeon Software with industry-leading user satisfaction, rigorously-tested stability, comprehensive certification, and more.
Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.7.1 Highlights

Support For

• Radeon RX 460/470 Series Graphics-based mining cards
  • Radeon RX 550/560 Series Graphics
Fixed Issues

• Fixed a bug causing crashes on Tekken 7 on Radeon RX 380 Series graphics products.
  • Fixed a bug causing crashes on FFXIV and Little Nightmares on Radeon RX 300 Series graphics products.
  • Fixed an issue causing crashes with Adobe Lightroom CC 2015.10
Known Issues

• Graphical corruption may be experienced in Tom Clancy's™: Rainbow Six Siege when MSAA is enabled.
  • A small number of apps may experience issues with Borderless Fullscreen mode and AMD FreeSync™ technology if other applications or game launchers are running on the primary screen in the background.
  • Counter-Strike™: Global Offensive and World of Warcraft™ may experience flickering or performance issues the first time the game is launched on a system boot with AMD FreeSync™ technology enabled. Workarounds include exiting and restarting the application or task switching (alt+tab) in and out of the game to fix the issue.
Known Issues for Radeon ReLive

• The XBOX™ DVR application may cause conflicts with Radeon ReLive, users are suggested to disable XBOX™ DVR if Radeon ReLive is experiencing issues
  • Radeon ReLive may fail to install on AMD APU Family products or experience a system hang or failure to record when using the recording feature on AMD APU Family products.
  • Radeon ReLive may intermittently fail to work after performing task switches of applications. A work around is to disable and then enable the feature in Radeon Software.
  • Radeon ReLive may exhibit corruption in recordings when capturing Microsoft Office applications.
  • Radeon ReLive may experience recording or streaming issues when task switching using ALT+TAB.
Package Contents

The Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.7.1 installation package contains the following:

• Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.7.1 Driver Version 17.10.3211.1031 (Windows Driver Store Version 22.19.171.1024)

Soldato
Got a little issue here, thought it was something on my system, but sure it's something to do with drivers.

I had a 290 and all was fine up. After installing either crimson or once relive was added to it (I think after relive, but not 100% sure). On some games, sometimes and randomly they seem to hang. Like it pauses for a second, drops to 1fps before carrying on as normal and fps goes back up. Thing is, it doesn't seem to do it on all games. I just assumed it was something I had installed or was using (have overlays like rtss etc).

For me, it done it on Aragami, Batman arkham origins and assualt android cactus. Other games are fine, I put a large amount of time into arkham knight with no issues, nier automata no issues, binary domain, no issues, could have been luck (due to it being random), but I put 1100hours into rocket league on the 290 (with at least a few hundred after relive) and not once did it do it. It's not even a case of it doing it on heavier games, as arkham knight and nier are far more demanding than the three that done it.

I've passed it on now and in a completely different system, still doing it on some games. Again, Rocket league, completely fine, but Valkyrie drive, not demanding at all (5850 can run it) has the random hangs.

Any ideas? Some setting or option I missed in the newer drivers?

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone else getting system crashes (reboots - recorded as SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION) when doing any of the following with their DisplayPort connected monitor the last few drivers (at least 17.6.* and 17.7.1)?

-Turning the monitor off and back on
-Disconnecting and reconnecting the DP cable
-Turning on VSR
-Turning on GPU Scaling

All the above crashes my PC (display is a Dell U2414H). I can do the same on my HDMI connected display with no problems.

Permabanned
I know why you getting this now it means you trying to use an output higher than your 290 can handle. Max is 1080p 60fps for R9 290

Does that mean 1920x1080? If so then yeah that could be it as I am at 2560x1080 and kind of need that res if I want to keep the 21.9 format.....

Not too bothered for now anyway as I very rarely stream, happy enough with relive, easy to use and simple :D

Relive's easy to use and it does a great job so I haven't even tried to figure it all out with Nvidia's software, I'm just waiting for the chance to move back to Relive etc.

Soldato
Still haven't tried ReLive. I've tried using the AMF encoder in OBS and it's useless: can't encode whilst playing a game at all. I kinda assumed that was the point but maybe I've misunderstood, or it's just broken compared to ReLive.

Soldato
Still haven't tried ReLive. I've tried using the AMF encoder in OBS and it's useless: can't encode whilst playing a game at all. I kinda assumed that was the point but maybe I've misunderstood, or it's just broken compared to ReLive.

What settings are you trying to use with OBS and what GPU are you using? I use OBS all the time but it's not has simple like Relive.
You must first understand the limits of the GPU. For example I can only do 1080p 60fps if I try go higher it won't work.
Same if I mess with the wrong settings in advanced mode they not for my GPU.

Soldato
What settings are you trying to use with OBS and what GPU are you using? I use OBS all the time but it's not has simple like Relive.
You must first understand the limits of the GPU. For example I can only do 1080p 60fps if I try go higher it won't work.
Same if I mess with the wrong settings in advanced mode they not for my GPU.
Tried quite a lot of settings, including lowering quality and resizing to 1920x1080. GPU runs at 100% whilst playing games (144 Hz FreeSync) so maybe that's why it doesn't work. I was under the assumption that it used a dedicated hardware encoder in the GPU though, which shouldn't interfere with the normal GPU components used for gaming. :/

Soldato
Tried quite a lot of settings, including lowering quality and resizing to 1920x1080. GPU runs at 100% whilst playing games (144 Hz FreeSync) so maybe that's why it doesn't work. I was under the assumption that it used a dedicated hardware encoder in the GPU though, which shouldn't interfere with the normal GPU components used for gaming. :/

GPU will always be maxed out while playing demanding games. 100% is good for a GPU.
What does OBS say? are you reaching the target frame rate? is it saying encoding overload? Failed? Going to need more information what is happening when you start using OBS?

Soldato
Try my setting lower bitrate to match what your internet speed can handle
Untitled1.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Soldato
I definitely remember seeing something about overloading. I'm not even trying to stream, just record to the HDD and I'm pretty sure I tried as low as 3000 kb/s. Back in the day I used to stream stuff at that bitrate using x264...

Soldato
Does anyone know why AMD removed the option to alter colour etc from there drivers or is this a known bug ?

It's not a bug, it was removed when they switched to Crimson. It was, however, one of the options on an AMD page where people could vote for what features they'd like to see implemented into the driver suite. I seem to remember it did pretty well in the vote.

Back
Top Bottom