• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
The links in the Release Notes seem to be working. Also looks like they've got a fix for people who have had instability with a 5700 under 19.8.1:

Support For
  • Control™
    • Up to 10% performance improvement in Control running DirectX® 11 on Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition version 19.8.2 vs. 19.8.1.RS-309
  • Man of Medan™
  • Radeon RX 5700 series graphics support for HDCP®2.3.
Fixed Issues
  • Rocket League™ may experience an application hang on performing a task switch.
  • League of Legends™ may experience slower than expected performance when performing a task switch.
  • System instability may be experienced on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products when performing memory overclocking while a 3D application is running.
  • Minor stutter may be experienced during the first few minutes of Fortnite™ gameplay.
Known Issues
  • Launching RGB Fusion 2.0 may cause a system hang on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products system configurations.
  • Stutter may be experienced when Radeon FreeSync is enabled on 240hz refresh displays with Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.
  • Radeon Performance Metrics may report incorrect VRAM utilization.
  • AMD Radeon VII may experience elevated memory clocks at idle or on desktop.
  • Radeon Overlay may intermittently fail to appear when toggled in game.
  • Audio for clips captured by Radeon ReLive may be corrupted or garbled when desktop recording is enabled.
  • Enabling Enhanced Sync may cause game, application or system crashes on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.

Soldato
My god this part is the best
  • System instability may be experienced on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products when performing memory overclocking while a 3D application is running
Pretty sure this is related to the BSOD.

Associate
Tbh still using 19.7.3 and had no BSOD :/

so far 19.7.4 is working for me to an extent, its the most stable though i still have to use some of my work arounds, others are more unstable or actually give me BSODs but im not moving from this driver until the enhanced sync has been fixed.

Associate
Touch wood I’ve not had any BSOD’s since I installed the 19.8.1 driver but I’m still running everything at stock so that might be why. My previous driver was 18.12.1 and I simply did a clean install which removes the old driver and installs the new one. I used to use DDU but now I’ve got a Ryzen GPU I’m a bit more cautious TBH.

Associate
So anyone else getting broken HDR after upgrading to a 5700xt, Or just me ?

For example on youtube hdr videos half of them don't trigger hdr anymore and the ones that do are bland and lower contrast than they should be, Same issue with games. Shadow of the tomb raider for example pretty much only displays a dim green/grey looking faded af, This for sure wasn't an issue when i was using a vega 64 days ago.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom