• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Caporegime
Hope so, noticed a slightly weird stutter at 2160p with Ultra settings.

295x2/290x.

I might try with V-sync on though as it's spitting out lots of FPS and that's causing the cards to go full bore.

Just seen this at Eurogamer, sounds like a problem with the PC version of the game. Hopefully there will be patches

Eurogamer said:
The PC version has its own issues on top of this. Our a Core i7 3770K test rig, coupled with 16GB of RAM and a GTX 780 Ti graphics card, handles the game at 1080p with all settings maxed at 60fps - as you'd expect. However, it becomes obvious within moments that something is amiss. In play, the game is prone to a judder effect during camera pans, despite a clear 60fps read-out from the machine. It's an issue we witnessed during Hardline's PC beta too on a separate PC, where the pacing of any motion is disrupted when near another character, or even walls. For the record, this isn't an issue with the PS4 and Xbox One releases.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-battlefield-hardline-face-off

Soldato
Ok so done my pre driver release benchmarks with firestrike so lets see the after results once they come out. Tests were run 5 times each and an average was calculated.

Before todays release:

4930k (oops edited to correct processor)@4.5 and 295X2@1100mhz for all tests
Firestrike 18435
Firestrike EX 9705
Firestrike U 4K 5374

Will post again the minute new drivers come available.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes, launching today. :)

No specific date for the April driver yet.

Thanks for your commitment to the elite profile Matt.

Is it definitely confirmed that there will be a driver release in April though? I'm not sure if I could take another 4 month wait!

EDIT: They are live! red team go, red team go! link

Last edited:
Soldato
Im gaming at 4k here and get over 60fps on a single 295x2 ek waterblock and i7 3770k 4.7ghz and 16gb 2400 memory. stripped raid 0 on ssd. dont think i need another card and running mantle on ultra get up to 90fps. using a benq 4k 32inch monitor. maybe its because my gpu never throttles..

Do you get that sort of performance with games like Shadow of Mordor, Watch_Dogs, AC Unity etc? And by over 60fps are you talking minimums?

Associate
Ok so done my pre driver release benchmarks with firestrike so lets see the after results once they come out. Tests were run 5 times each and an average was calculated.

Before todays release:

[email protected] and 295X2@1100mhz for all tests
Firestrike 18435
Firestrike EX 9705
Firestrike U 4K 5374

Will post again the minute new drivers come available.

Is there any chance you would be able to run Ice storm (standard) and post the results? overall/gpu/physics?

I'm trying to work out if my score is about right and you've got a similar system. Thanks :)

Soldato
These drivers better be worth the wait else im buying a PS4 :p

At least that is still an AMD system :p My PS4 hasn't seen much action, all the games that are exclusive and not available on PC are pretty mediocre.

I have a good feeling about these drivers, I think they will be very good, particularly for the lucky folks with freesync monitors!

Soldato
I think its just the Freesync driver with added VSR options and thats it, not got my hopes up for anything else tbh. Im only interested cuz im due for an upgrade from my 7950.

Im sure these will be solid drivers too but nothing new is coming to us 7xxx series or lower.

Soldato
I think its just the Freesync driver with added VSR options and thats it, not got my hopes up for anything else tbh. Im only interested cuz im due for an upgrade from my 7950.

Im sure these will be solid drivers too but nothing new is coming to us 7xxx series or lower.

this, and fixes IMO though i would love to be proved wrong

Back
Top Bottom