• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Yeah was the press driver for the FreeSync reviews, must have been told to take them down.

EDIT: Yup.

Hilbert - Guru3D.

I took the press driver down at AMDs request. The 'final' beta does have other subtle differences including a Dying Light Crossfire profile etc. So to avoid confusion, I took the driver I posted moments ago down.

Last edited:
Is there any chance you would be able to run Ice storm (standard) and post the results? overall/gpu/physics?

I'm trying to work out if my score is about right and you've got a similar system. Thanks :)

Score185657 with AMD Radeon R9 295X2(2x) and Intel Core i7-4930K

Graphics Score

Physics Score

there ya go. made a mistake though I have a 4930k not a 3930k.

Score185657 with AMD Radeon R9 295X2(2x) and Intel Core i7-4930K

Graphics Score

Physics Score

there ya go. made a mistake though I have a 4930k not a 3930k.

Thanks very much. Mine is similar but slightly lower than yours so it must be working right. I was confused though as the first run I did after reinstalling was 441625 graphics and 72238 physics. (2x 290 and 3930k) Every run after that gives similar scores to you. I can't work out why it was so much higher on the first run.

To keep the thread on topic, I don't think the new drivers will change 3dmark, but it will be interesting to see if they do make any difference :)

Can I just ask a stupid question here? There's been a lot of excitment here for these drivers for weeks, what's the main reason? Is it just that it's been that long people are missing profiles for latest game... or what? Big performance increases?

Back
Top Bottom