• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Associate
I game at 4k with 295X2 and 290X crossfire (equivalent to 3 290X's) and it is a struggle to keep modern games near 60hz, it is a very demanding resolution and one 290X certainly wont cut it. If you want 4k abouve 60hz, you will have to wait for displays and graphics cards that support the upcoming DisplayPort 1.3 standard and will require SERIOUS GPU horsepower to drive such a high res above 60FPS.
If you stay at 1080p though, a 290X will perform very nicely and the current pricing of the cards is very good! :)

Im gaming at 4k here and get over 60fps on a single 295x2 ek waterblock and i7 3770k 4.7ghz and 16gb 2400 memory. stripped raid 0 on ssd. dont think i need another card and running mantle on ultra get up to 90fps. using a benq 4k 32inch monitor. maybe its because my gpu never throttles..

Mei

Mei

Soldato
No.

Never heard of that game, but I'll report it thanks.

is that a no to enable gpu upscaling?
i duno what it does but it sounded good so i ticked it :E

and the game is pretty good, its like simcity but actually runs good
no slowdown at all its pretty awesome

Associate
It's now my mission to ensure we have a Crossfire profile in Elite Dangerous as soon as possible. :)

Thanks Matt.

Nvidia have had an SLI profile out for months, and I've also been a bit fruatrated that my 295X2 is sitting half-idle. AFR-friendly does not really help with this title.

Cheers!

Mei

Mei

Soldato
I know it's not vsr, but you get dynamic resolution from the workshop which allows you to dowbsample any res from in game via a slider. I'm downsampling 4k

it looks better than just turning the res down?
i dont get what it does
i dont have a 4k right now but does sound something id find useful later

Associate
Very tempted for a 290x but I was looking at the iiyama 4k monitor. Guess I'll have to wait for the 3 series or get a 295x2. Wanting to treat myself for my birthday but I keep having doubts

Caporegime
I have a feeling these drivers have been released around BF Hardline, I wonder if there's been some extra mantle tweaking for the new game.

Hope so, noticed a slightly weird stutter at 2160p with Ultra settings.

295x2/290x.

I might try with V-sync on though as it's spitting out lots of FPS and that's causing the cards to go full bore.

Soldato
Ha! hahahaha! Hhhahhahahahahahhaahhahahahahaha!

What a bloody joke!

May as well have stuck with the 3.5GB 970's. At least they worked together, even if settings had to be dropped a fair bit.

I now have two 8GB 290x's which have pretty much just been bricks in my system - apart from the occasional game of BF4.

I'll just leave this here for you.

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

I am deeply saddened by this.

Caporegime
OP
So when are they getting released!?

Matt, have you got a time they are going up? :)

You've probably had this question loads, but i can't seem to see it!

I'm chasing the exact time, but expect afternoon-evening.

I have a feeling these drivers have been released around BF Hardline, I wonder if there's been some extra mantle tweaking for the new game.

The beauty of Mantle is that very little work is required from AMD to make Mantle drivers. Virtually all performance optimisations come from the developer. As you can imagine, this can have benefits and disadvantages.

Back
Top Bottom