• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Just update, cant be bothered to do clean unless there's something seriously wrong.
True. I do like to do a clean install now and then though. Works out around once a year or so, used to do it twice a year back in the day of using HDD’s as things would always get bogged down and slow. Now I mainly do it when changing GPU from Nvidia to AMD or vice versa.

Soldato
Soldato
Tbf, AMD are kinda confirming it so far. Someone asked about it and they had an AMD Software developer reply

Looks like profile overclocks are broken as well
I would like to see gaming benchmark results once the dust settles on this Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling.
I don't get the impression this was intended just for games...

I've did a bit of googling and found that once you have the drivers of it and have win10 2004 the registry key is:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers

Dword: HwSchMode
= Off
2 = On
But there is no need to alter this as it's in win10 itself (I posted that earlier and didn't know what that was all about).

Soldato
ve did a bit of googling and found that once you have the drivers of it and have win10 2004 the registry key is:
On the current 5.2.1 drivers (with vega and driver string ending in 1011) and 2004 I don't have this Dword. I am def running WDDM 2.7 as well.

Apparently Nvidia's implementation is an experimental toggle that is breaking lots of stuff? So maybe that's why AMD haven't supported it yet. Sounds like HS will need some work to smooth out

Soldato
On the current 5.2.1 drivers (with vega and driver string ending in 1011) and 2004 I don't have this Dword. I am def running WDDM 2.7 as well.

Apparently Nvidia's implementation is an experimental toggle that is breaking lots of stuff? So maybe that's why AMD haven't supported it yet. Sounds like HS will need some work to smooth out
Yeah, I wouldn't force it until AMD says it's ready

Associate
Not sure if this is related to the AMD drivers, but been playing Call of Duty Warzone lately and Video memory usage is maxed out.

I never known a game max out video memory before, is anyone else getting this or is it just me?

The game does stutter every now and then.

Associate
Could be a memory leak in the latest COD patch, they release enough of them as they keep breaking things.

Had a similar issue last night, but didn't check VRAM usage. will check tonight and drop confirm.

Soldato
Not sure if this is related to the AMD drivers, but been playing Call of Duty Warzone lately and Video memory usage is maxed out.

I never known a game max out video memory before, is anyone else getting this or is it just me?

The game does stutter every now and then.

It's a known issue with Ultra texture on some GPUs it's been like this since release. Drop them texture down one for very little noticeable difference and you won't stutter again.

Back
Top Bottom