• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE AMD DRIVERS THREAD**

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little yes. But I don't play BF3 that much these days :p

I take it according to the 'reviewers' my 7970 CF should be showing those frame times bouncing all over the place??

Yes, a stuttery mess. Check their video out, left hand side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=lIZv8CChzOg

According to the comment on youtube the videos is at 25fps, if thats true or not i don't know. But if it is i guess that's to make it stand out more.

I see what you mean, if I get chance tomorrow I'll record the first 30 seconds or so of that clip and cap the vsync to 120fps and upload it. See if they have made it appear worse in that video then it actually is.

Hello all, I have just joined this forum. Does anyone knows good settings for an ancient game, Flight Simulator 2004?. My specs are as follows: Acer X3475 with 12Gb of RAM, quad-core A10-5700 and AMD Radeon 7660D as a video card. I am using Radeonpro and the latest build and I am interested about the tweaks I could use with that, if anyone knows?.

Amd offical Driver section is fully updated now

Nicely done :)

I'll update drivers page with all the new info tomorrow, if anyone has issues with any of the new drivers please report them and post to let us know if we can fix it!!

Hello all, I have just joined this forum. Does anyone knows good settings for an ancient game, Flight Simulator 2004?. My specs are as follows: Acer X3475 with 12Gb of RAM, quad-core A10-5700 and AMD Radeon 7660D as a video card. I am using Radeonpro and the latest build and I am interested about the tweaks I could use with that, if anyone knows?.

Run the game and have something like fraps on to monitor frame rates, knock settings down (or UP!) if you find the frames dropping below an acceptable level. Its a fairly old game, I'd guess that A10 will handle it well :)

You may be better asking here -

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18172358

I also can't take any credit as Pgi did all the work. :D I know the pain of playing Sword breaker over and over. I did it 8 times in my 12.10 vs 13.3 AMD driver comparison thread. Its enough to break a man.

Ahh, but you are the puppet master :D(no offence Paul)

Don't follow the last quote?

Last quote is from sword breaker (I think). Which is now officially called moral breaker, play it enough times and you start to consider suicide :p

I don't mind doing the leg work, Matt and others are far more clued up on this frame time business then I am :)

I'm going to do some more benches and latency tests when i can work up the energy. This time i will be benching the level comrades though. I just can't face any more Sword breaker. At least in comrades they speak in russian for most of it. :D

13.4 release notes are up pgi.

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst13-4WINReleaseNotes.aspx

Feature Highlights of AMD Catalyst™ 13.4

Support added for AMD Radeon HD7790 and AMD Radeon HD 7990
Catalyst Driver optimizations to improve performance in Far Cry 3, Crysis 3, and 3DMark
Significantly improves latency performance in Skyrim, Boderlands 2, Guild Wars 2, Tomb Raider and Hitman Absolution
Performance gains seen with the entire AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series for the following:
Batman Arkham City (1920x1200): Performance improvements up to 5%
Borderlands 2 (2560x1600): Performance improvements up to 10%
Quake Wars (1920x1200): Performance improvements up to 13%
Hitman Absolution (2560x1600): Performance improvements up to 11%
Wolfenstein MP (1920x1080): Performance improvements up to 11%
Civilization V (2560x1600): Performance improvements up to 5%
Delivers support for the following OpenGL 4.3 features:
GL_ARB_compute_shader
GL_ARB_multi_draw_indirect
GL_ARB_shader_storage_buffer_object
GL_ARB_arrays_of_arrays
GL_ARB_clear_buffer_object
GL_ARB_ES3_compatibility
GL_ARB_explicit_uniform_location
GL_ARB_fragment_layer_viewport
GL_ARB_invalidate_subdata
GL_ARB_program_interface_query
GL_ARB_shader_image_size
GL_ARB_stencil_texturing
GL_ARB_texture_buffer_range
GL_ARB_texture_query_levels
GL_ARB_texture_storage_multisample

Resolved Issues
This section provides information on resolved known issues in this release of the AMD’s Catalyst™ Software Suite, AMD Catalyst™ 13.4

With the Radeon HD7790 graphics card, corruption may be seen in the game Tomb Raider with TressFX enabled
Texture flickering may be observed in DirectX 9.0c enabled applications
Corruption observed in Tomb Raider with TressFX enabled for AMD Crossfire and single GPU system configurations
Corruption observed on objects and textures in the game, Call of Duty – Black Ops 2
Corruption observed in the game, Alan Wake (DirectX 9 Mode) when attempting to change in-game settings with Stereoscopic 3D using Tridef
Corruption observed on textures in the game, Battle Field: Bad Company 2 with forced anti-aliasing enabled
Adobe Photoshop CS6 experiences screen flicker under Windows 8 based system
Horizontal line corruption may be observed with forced anti-aliasing enabled in the game, Dishonored
System hang may occur when scrolling through the game selection menu in the game, DiRT 3
F1 2012 may crash to desktop on systems supporting AMD PowerXpress (Enduro) Technology

Feature Highlights of the AMD Catalyst™ 13.5 Beta Driver for Windows®
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst13-5WINBetaDriver.aspx

Performance gains seen on the entire AMD Radeon™ HD 7000 Series for the following:
Far Cry 3: Improves performance up to 4% with Anti-Aliasing enabled
Shogun II: Improves performance up to 20% with 8x Anti-Aliasing enabled
Tomb Raider: Improves performance up to 6%
Bioshock: Improves performance up to 6%
Borderlands 2: Improves performance up to 17%
Corruption is no longer seen on the AMD Radeon HD 7790 when TressFX is enabled in Tomb Raider

Sticking with 13.4 whql.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom