• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** The AMD RDNA 4 Rumour Mill ***

What if RDNA 4 is just going to be a tock? Like the HD6000 series. The only reasonable upgrade was a 6970. If I recall if you had a 5850 or 5870 their just wasn't any point. It was only when the HD7000 series came their was a big performance boost. Maybe that's what's happening now.

Probably rdna4 will exist to entice gamers to upgrade from their old rx5000 series GPU and from their old Nvidia gpu. It's a good idea imo, there is a lot of gamers with old GPU's who haven't upgraded due to prices

All rumours say rdna4 will be small size GPUs with roughly mid range performance, topping out around the performance of a 7900xt. I think amd knows their bread and butter is entry to mid range and they can focus on making GPUs for consoles, mobile devices and sell a few pc GPUs too

Last edited:
The real question is if rdna 4 is actually place holder till AMD has a new/improved architecture, or is this just the future for AMD

The real question is if rdna 4 is actually place holder till AMD has a new/improved architecture, or is this just the future for AMD

RDNA 5 is supposed to be chiplets at the high end. It makes sense given that technology has been successful in their CPU business, and will likely be coming to GPUs a some point.

This - what is the point of spending all that money taping out stuff and then not even releasing it in a timely manner,not pricing it well,having limited launch volumes AND not investing properly in the software side.

Don't they get with Nvidia investing more in CPUs and Intel in dGPUs,their console monopoly is under threat too?

But the issue is how long are we supposed to wait? I have currently waited three years. OK,I wait another year and what is the likelihood AMD will price RDNA4 close to Blackwell,and hope a bit of extra VRAM will be enough,months after Nvidia finish their whole stack? It will 5% faster in rasterised,be slower in RT and probably FSR is not even fixed.

I could even understand if AMD was using 3NM and GDDR7,but all rumours indicate 4NM or maybe even 4N and GDDR6. So if Nvidia uses 3NM and GDDR7 with 3GB modules they won't even have a VRAM advantage.

ATI launched months before Nvidia. This meant even OEMs were prepared to use ATI cards. How many OEMs will bother with using AMD dGPUs in laptops,ect if AMD is eternally releasing AFTER Nvidia?

How can they miss the Christmas period if the rumours are true?
It would only take one release cycle with no purchases and tons and tons of SoMe videos crying about price. Besides, there is the second hand market if you are more than 2 generations behind. But I also understand that it's never going to happen. Enough will cave and therefor keep these companies in the black. But there are only 1 group to blame for it, us consumers. If we don't provide the balancing weights to a capitalistic market then of cause things are going to get crazy cause that is how the system functions.

I also understand that my position on this subject may not appear that strong having a 6950XT in my rig which is still pretty capable. I mean, my needs are met right? and yes they are. However, I payed less for it brand new than my 1080ti which was already a banger of a deal back then(620). I waited until the market offered something worth my money. So while I got my 1080ti at release I had to wait a loooong time for the 6950XT :D. But to be fair to you, the midrange market has been horrible since RTX 3000 series. Sure the RTX 2000 series wasn't that great either but not as bad and the RX 5700 series was a good alternative performance wise. So I understand your frustration, I really do. The market is just poo and its frustrating to see a company with some fairly good offerings(AMD) trying to imitate nvidia as a premium brand as we don't want that and never asked for it. We don't need "premium", aka bling aka jensen's fictional epeen extender, but functional, reliable hardware with a solid price/performance and affordable. So if I could tell AMD something directly it would something similar to this: "I like your products, but get your S together before you destroy the good will Ryzen, polaris, RDNA1 and RDNA 2 has built".

6uWAQ1Z.jpeg

It would only take one release cycle with no purchases and tons and tons of SoMe videos crying about price. Besides, there is the second hand market if you are more than 2 generations behind. But I also understand that it's never going to happen. Enough will cave and therefor keep these companies in the black. But there are only 1 group to blame for it, us consumers. If we don't provide the balancing weights to a capitalistic market then of cause things are going to get crazy cause that is how the system functions.

I also understand that my position on this subject may not appear that strong having a 6950XT in my rig which is still pretty capable. I mean, my needs are met right? and yes they are. However, I payed less for it brand new than my 1080ti which was already a banger of a deal back then(620). I waited until the market offered something worth my money. So while I got my 1080ti at release I had to wait a loooong time for the 6950XT :D. But to be fair to you, the midrange market has been horrible since RTX 3000 series. Sure the RTX 2000 series wasn't that great either but not as bad and the RX 5700 series was a good alternative performance wise. So I understand your frustration, I really do. The market is just poo and its frustrating to see a company with some fairly good offerings(AMD) trying to imitate nvidia as a premium brand as we don't want that and never asked for it. We don't need "premium", aka bling aka jensen's fictional epeen extender, but functional, reliable hardware with a solid price/performance and affordable. So if I could tell AMD something directly it would something similar to this: "I like your products, but get your S together before you destroy the good will Ryzen, polaris, RDNA1 and RDNA 2 has built".

6uWAQ1Z.jpeg

Agreed. They destroyed a lot of goodwill with their pricing. They need to stop with the we ar premium nonsense and launch at prices that makes sense. If they keep pricing their cards at $50-100 less than nvidia they will keep losing market share or at least never build it.

As for waiting for a deal or busing used. That's what I do. But rather go Nvidia at that point as they have the better overall product. Like my 4070 Ti I got brand new for £575 and it has turned out to be a much better card than I expected.

Agreed. They destroyed a lot of goodwill with their pricing. They need to stop with the we ar premium nonsense and launch at prices that makes sense. If they keep pricing their cards at $50-100 less than nvidia they will keep losing market share or at least never build it.

As for waiting for a deal or busing used. That's what I do. But rather go Nvidia at that point as they have the better overall product. Like my 4070 Ti I got brand new for £575 and it has turned out to be a much better card than I expected.
I would just have hoped that nvidia would get the same backlash from its royal customer base. But alas not.

I just can't see RTG lowering pricing until they secure another fab like Samsung/Intel (and they come up to scratch), it's just not in their interest atm with the limited allocation at TSMC.

Reactions: TNA
I would just have hoped that nvidia would get the same backlash from its royal customer base. But alas not.

Don't they? The 4070 Ti aka the 4080 12GB and also the actual 4080 got slaughtered as I recall?

I have always said they are over priced. I only ever praised them for their 3080 FE which cost me under £600 brand new near release after selling the game codes.

I thought the 4000 series price was a joke and did not think I would have a card from this gen. You don't have to take my word for it either, just search for my posts. But at £575 I thought that was a decent prices for the 4070 Ti so grabbed it.

I look at the hardware and it's price. Don't care if it says GeForce or Radeon.

good news for all, given the rate of scope expansion for industrial application of discrete GPUs (for around 30k a piece), i guess we are pretty close to the very real scenario when discrete GPUs will no longer be made available to end-consumers and then everyone will be saving a lot by subscribing to GeForce NOW..

Don't they? The 4070 Ti aka the 4080 12GB and also the actual 4080 got slaughtered as I recall?

I have always said they are over priced. I only ever praised them for their 3080 FE which cost me under £600 brand new near release after selling the game codes.

I thought the 4000 series price was a joke and did not think I would have a card from this gen. You don't have to take my word for it either, just search for my posts. But at £575 I thought that was a decent prices for the 4070 Ti so grabbed it.

I look at the hardware and it's price. Don't care if it says GeForce or Radeon.

And unlike many here, I vote with my wallet which is what matters hence why still on a 3080 :p

Reactions: TNA
Back
Top Bottom