• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** The AMD RDNA 4 Rumour Mill ***

Nah amd will have high end cards, problem is their high end only keeps up with Nvidia mid range.
I suspect amd will get a beating from intel too and then AMD will just stick to console and mobile gaming for a year or 2 till arm takes that away from them too.
I mean, all we can go on is right now and AMD compete all the way up to the second top card Nvidia have. Is the 4080 Super mid range?

There's also no reason to think any of that cpu stuff you said will come to pass either. Do you know anything we don't?

Having better RT is all well and good but it’s DLSS quality upscaling which is what AMD really need, especially so if they are only planning to put out mid range cards.

The question is why would Sony make its own AI PSSR upscaler if AMD is working on a AI FSR4

I suspect PSSR will be based on fsr, but does have the advantage of training data in a closed system. They can train the ai upscaler on specific games and tune it to run on specific hardware. So even if it's almost entirely just fsr, in theory it should work extremely well as its basically a best case scenario.

I suspect PSSR will be based on fsr, but does have the advantage of training data in a closed system. They can train the ai upscaler on specific games and tune it to run on specific hardware. So even if it's almost entirely just fsr, in theory it should work extremely well as its basically a best case scenario.

Nvidia do the same thing with DLSS, no reason why AMD couldn't also AI train a new game during development or after release, Nvidia built their own in house AI training super computer for it, AMD make their own AI GPU's, they don't even need to buy anything from Nvidia.

Last edited:
Nvidia do the same thing with DLSS, no reason why AMD couldn't also AI train a new game during development or after release, Nvidia built their own in house AI training super computer for it, AMD make their own AI GPU's, they don't even need to buy anything from Nvidia.
I think a lot of this reason is because credit to Nvidia, they work with more Devs during development then AMD does.

Am I the only person who thinks RayTracing is the Emperors New Clothes and couldnt give a t0ss about it? Give me traditional raster performance anyday

Am I the only person who thinks RayTracing is the Emperors New Clothes and couldnt give a t0ss about it? Give me traditional raster performance anyday

Is that a comment about Jenson. You might have a valid point if every chipset maker and partner wasn't on board with RT.

Te PS5 Pro is $200 more expensive than the original, have you seen the reaction to that? Suddenly no one cares about the increased fidelity it offers....

The irony here is while he says that he has a $4000 PC with a 4090 in it because he wants the best graphics, when ever it comes up he talks about how he can run the best graphics with it. So on the one hand he's willing to pay $4000 to get the best graphics but when a $500 console becomes $700 to offer much better graphics its a problem. So people like him are one of the reason's GPU's are so expensive but they can only see the cause and effect when it's happening outside their church.

Look at him gurning at the AI upscaling tech, yet he will not run a game without DLSS and thinks its everything, can't do without it.
Nvidia make exactly this presentation with DLSS, he doesn't gurn at that, he opens his wallet.

Last edited:
Te PS5 Pro is $200 more expensive than the original, have you seen the reaction to that? Suddenly no one cares about the increased fidelity it offers....

The irony here is while he says that he has a $4000 PC with a 4090 in it because he wants the best graphics, when ever it comes up he talks about how he can run the best graphics with it. So on the one hand he's willing to pay $4000 to get the best graphics but when a $500 console becomes $700 to offer much better graphics its a problem. So people like him are one of the reason's GPU's are so expensive but they can only see the cause and effect when it's happening outside their church.

Look at him gurning at the AI upscaling tech, yet he will not run a game without DLSS and thinks its everything, can't do without it.
Nvidia make exactly this presentation with DLSS, he doesn't gurn at that, he opens his wallet.

I mean he's also a multi-millionaire who lives like a homeless man hardly the most representative in society.

For me I stand by my initial views that Ray-Tracing is pointless, however over the years it has become more important and it's increasingly likely there will eventually be a game I'd like to play that has it, so i have to concede that I will have to take this into consideration at some point, I don't know if it will be the next generation of not, but it's defiantly on my radar, devs also seem to be on board with it and I can recall seeing some article the other day where dev said it actually makes things easier for them, so if that's the case I can only see it getting better.

With DLSS etc I don't like it on principle, I don't like the attitude of "buy a card that can't natively run this game well unless you use software enhancements", for extending the life of a card and getting it to last longer I think it's a brilliant piece of software, to allow you to play at higher settings for longer fantastic, as a USP for allowing you to play games that it wouldn't be able I don't like that selling point I feel like what i'm buying is fake, like buying a car with out an engine.

But I guess i'm in the minority there as most people seem to not mind that selling point.

Its also why AMD can never compete no matter how competitive they are, Cognitive dissonance among PC gamers will not allow them to compete, its simply not the correct brand.

I don't think that's true, I think AMD takes a double barrel to the foot, and scrapes their balls across a cheese graters and says "yep that will do, that's our plan"

If AMD went with the Ryzen Gen 1 approach where they had same/better multicore performance but worse single core performance as Intel, but at 30-40% lower cost it sold well because it made Intel prices look stupid in comparison, Intel was significantly better in Gaming but AMD sold like wildfire because while Intel performed way better they didn't perform well enough to justify the difference in price.

Now look at AMD, Intel and AMD have price parity, but AMD outsell Intel and perform better at lower power.

AMD needs to do the same in their graphic division. Just come out and undercut Nvidia, (similar/better Rasterization performance but worse ray-tracing such how it was with that 4080 vs 7900xtx, basically the same approach as Intel vs AMD with the CPUS)

Lets be real if AMD released the 7900xtx at 800 with AIBs between 900-1000 it would have sold insanely well, similar performance to Nvidia (albiet lower RT) but 30% plus cheaper, it would have been a no brainer, you would be stupid to buy Nvidia it would have been out of stock all the time and the only reason people would have bought the 4080 would be if either AMD was out of stock or they like to sniff Jenson's feet, AMD makes money, better market share and hopefully better R&D to bring them closer to Nvidia in RT similar to how their CPU approach worked.

It's not Gamers that are the problem it's AMD, AMD is AMD's biggest enemy. They partially compete with Nvidia in some areas but fall short in others, but try to sell their product at the same price as though they compete in all areas, it's stupid and it's not going to fly, especially in an era where people are more squeezed financially and try to spend money in a more sensible way.

I don't know what they can do, I'm starting to think AMD when it comes to GPU's is dead and Intel is our only hope (though they are now going through some serious issues so who knows now)

This will now be the 2nd time AMD have done this in the last 10 years, they had (i think) 7900 series, couldn't compete, gave up and release the 480 and 580 giving up on the high end, dabbled with the vega nonsense which fell flat had 1 attempt with this current GEN then gave up.... I mean what customer would want to buy AMD if they have 0 commitment.

I actually know what the future holds, Nvidia price to highly and leave so much space for competitors to actually compete but they get greedy and think "if Nvidia can charge that I can as well" like now, that's not how that works, and the result of the 7XXX series for AMD shows that.

I'm going to stop now because I've just realised I've gone into a unnecessary rant about the state of the industry and I don't really care because it looks like ill be using my 1080ti for another few years anyway lol.

If AMD want market share, they need to release a good enough GPU at a low price (<£300). Most don't spend £500+ on a GPU, A GPU with > 6900XT performance at ~£300 would sell very well and get them market share. RT is good to have but not a must have for most users.

Back
Top Bottom