US: The Americans

Soldato
Just watched the first season of this. Have to say brilliant show.
Takes a bit to get going but the plot arch and characters are great - Love the Clark role!

Its very different to homeland in that its not as in your face, but more than makes up for it by just being all round more diverse.

Permabanned
Thought i saw Odo from Star Trek DS9 name in the credits at the start of last night's episode so was watching out for him all through it. Turns out it was Remy Auberjonois and not Rene Auberjonois d'oh.

Associate
OP
Brutal sound effects on the limb breaking in latest episode :eek:

Was the belgian girl in prison relevant or just a random prisoner?

Associate
Brutal sound effects on the limb breaking in latest episode :eek:

Was the belgian girl in prison relevant or just a random prisoner?
My guess (based on nothing whatsoever) is that she's a KGB plant of some kind, put there to win Nina's trust.

I assume Nina's story remains ongoing for a while at least, or she'd already have been executed for treason and espionage.

Soldato
Good start to Season 3 but theres two things I really dislike already:

The first is Nina still being in the show. Just why - As far as I was concerned she was out at the end of season 2 but for some reason they have brought her back. It just feels odd and disconnected.

The second is the Paige angle. Its very minor at the moment, but it annoys me because you can see it developing and I just think its a pretty stupid idea all round.

Soldato
I can see the Paige situation developing into a situation where they ask Elizabeth to take Phillip out. I cant see him ever allowing them to use his daughter and Elizabeth seems far more brainwashed than him. Her viewpoint is also backed up by the fact her own mother told her to go and serve her country without hesitation.

It'll certainly be interesting to see what happens.

Soldato
This is like 'Justified' for me in that not that many people know about it, but I think it's one of the best shows on TV. Loved the episode with them having seen the house viewing, they realise they are being followed.

Love, as I think someone mentioned earlier in the thread, who are the good guys here? The Russians that are the stars of the show? The FBI?

From Kent's last interaction with Martha, has she twigged he might be/is a Russian spy at this point?

Back
Top Bottom