US: The Americans

Soldato
Loved the Commodore 64, note should have read "I sat here waiting for it load. I just couldn't take it anymore. I'm sorry!!

Also, a special mention has to go to Keri Russell and her skin tight nightie which afforded Pinky & perky a guest appearance.

Soldato
Keri russell is so hot.
Great ending, decent season. Paige gonna end up with a bullet in her if she carries on!

As I said earlier though Nina still being in the show doesn't really fit, and that Russian defector was the most pointless plotline all season.

Still roll on season 4 , long wait!

R3X

R3X

Soldato
I have watched season 1 and on season 2 but its not quite for me I think... ill continue with season 2 its like a good drama for me at this point but do like the acting.

Also is it me or is this show cut? no nudity at all yet they show suggestive and violence to the extreme.

Associate
OP
Another excellent conclusion to the season. They have confirmed that it's been signed for another 2 seasons, with the 6th being a bit shorter but it will be the last. I will be sad to see it end but at least it gives the creators time to write a decent finale to it all.

Soldato
I was a little underwhelmed by the end of the season. I like they don't do cliff hangers, but it seemed a little like the end of a regular episode.

Love this show though. The end could be pretty amazing, like Hank and Walter in BB, the toilet moment and the garage scene :)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I agree. The last episode felt like a normal episode. But normal episodes are so good, that ultimately it did not bother me much.

Sad to hear it will come to an end in 2 seasons. But I would rather it end then have crappy filler episodes like other shows, Lost comes to mind.

Can't wait for season 5 :D

Soldato
Bump - so just caught up on sky with series5 episode 13

What is the deal with the micropohone Elizabeth found in the wardrobe of their house, and the following suspicion she seems to show back in the kitchen
This does not see to be mentioned in the wiki summaries
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Americans_(season_5)

I expected her to immediately tell Philip and for them to 'change' their behaviour

Soldato
I have a terrible memory, so it doesn't surprise me that I can't remember what you're describing. A microphone? As in they might be being bugged? I found a summary of the last episode here and it just mentions Elizabeth almost saying goodbye to her closet, but that's all.

Soldato
Thanks, that is a good episode synopsys site
- so, during the long closet inspection scene, she was just thinking how she might miss her capitalist wardrobe, not inspecting a bug;
for them to discover they were under surveillance in such a way would have been poetic justice.

Soldato
I just watched the finale, so if you've not seen it yet, STOP READING!

Wow, loved it. Very emotional. Great scene in the underground garage. I do wonder if in a real situation, they wouldn't have been allowed to leave, but I guess Stan was in emotional turmoil. I wont lie, I shed a tear or two during the phone call to Henry. I thought we might get a bit more than just watching from a distance as Stan explained to him though. Also kind of curious as to what will happen to Paige. I guess she'll be treated like she knew nothing?

For me, this ranks right up there with some of the best TV I've seen. Great story, hardly ever any 'but why on earth did they do that? No-one would really do that' type thing, great characters, well acted, good ending.

I still think back to that episode in Season 3, when they were planting the bug in the mail bot and the old lady was still there, as being one of the most memorable episodes of TV I've seen.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Great TV show, great finale!

I actually did not know that was the last episode before starting to watch it, as we usually get 13 episodes. But halfway though it it became apparent that it was the last one which made us sad.

They could have easily got another season out of the show imo, but I suppose I cannot complain as it ended on a high. Will miss the show and actors which did a great job.

Soldato
Fitting finale to this show, got to it late and binge watched the first 3 series just before 4 started, so it's been a wait. The underground scene was spot on. Felt the last season worked really well and had a good pace to it to get to the climax unlike a couple of the previous ones.

Soldato
It's interesting, the underground scene is the only bit I saw a negative tweet about, some guy saying there is no way an FBI agent would have let them leave. I then read a few articles about that scene. Matthew Ryhs (Philip) really didn't want to do it and was really nervous as he knew how hard it was going to be to make it believable. I personally thought they all smashed it. By the end it seemed the right thing to do to let them out... based on them simply trying to save their countries future at this point. At the same time, you think about all the things they've actually done...

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
http://www.absolutemusicchat.com/?s=The+Americans+

Having watched this show to its incredible conclusion and with it getting yet more nominations for awards this year (and rightly so) I thought posting a link to some interviews with cast members by my colleague, Paula Courtney, might appeal to other fans. There are interviews with: Alison Wright (Martha, a Geordie lass really), Peter Jacobson (Agent Wolfe) and Kelly AuCoin (Pastor Tim). They are not just interviews about working on this show but are in more depth about these talented actors lives. All feedback is gratefully received. Many thanks. The link is above.
Wow, never knew the actress that played Martha was English. Impressive. Her acting and accent was very good, we felt very sorry for Martha.

Back
Top Bottom