• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ampere RTX 3090 Owners Thread

Associate
Its boosting up to 2055mhz @51 degrees with fans locked at 70% <3

Still going too (+125mhz on core atm)
Been a while since I did any overclocking so not too sure about power states etc on these though

Soldato
MY MSI Gaming Trio X is due for delivery tomorrow but is too big for my case. Anyone willing to do a swap for a smaller one via Members Market? Can be a less powerful 3090/cheaper model.

Associate
I can hide a GPU purchase but a new case that's bigger will arouse suspicion.

"You spent how much? On this? What the hell even is it? Don't you know that Christmas is just around the corner? What about me? Shall I just go and spend over a grand on a toy for me?"

Just some imagined dialogue of when she does find out, unless you buy around a £100 new case, own up to that and just hide the 3090 inside it. Could work if you're slick about it.

Soldato
"You spent how much? On this? What the hell even is it? Don't you know that Christmas is just around the corner? What about me? Shall I just go and spend over a grand on a toy for me?"

Just some imagined dialogue of when she does find out, unless you buy around a £100 new case, own up to that and just hide the 3090 inside it. Could work if you're slick about it.

I might need to have OCUK set up a fake win a case competition.

Soldato
Just ordered mine from a Dutch site, let's see when I get it, if I get it this year. I changed my mind after seeing new benchmarks showing it's performance over a 2080 ti at higher resolutions. That and I can't help but have the best of the best :D

Soldato
Have an FE and had 4 hard crashes so far (no blue screens), on the latest drivers.

Anyone facing a similar issue? Using a Seasonic 850W Gold PSU (though it is nearly 7 years old), and I'm on a 9900k with 32gb ram and an M2 SSD. Googling around and not finding much specifically with the FE, but obviously crashes are happening for a few people. My mate also has a 3090 FE and has had a couple of crashes too, so assuming/hoping its just a driver issue. I'm also getting coil whine on high FPS areas of games, and I'm going to try and narrow this down to see if its EMF on my sound card (2 slots away), the GPU, or the PSU.

Power cable-wise, I've removed my 'braided' extensions in the hope a reduction in the amount of connectors will help, but doubt it. I'm using the 12-pin to 2x 8pin cables, and will make use of the Seasonic cable when it arrives.

Associate
Have an FE and had 4 hard crashes so far (no blue screens), on the latest drivers.

Anyone facing a similar issue? Using a Seasonic 850W Gold PSU (though it is nearly 7 years old), and I'm on a 9900k with 32gb ram and an M2 SSD. Googling around and not finding much specifically with the FE, but obviously crashes are happening for a few people. My mate also has a 3090 FE and has had a couple of crashes too, so assuming/hoping its just a driver issue. I'm also getting coil whine on high FPS areas of games, and I'm going to try and narrow this down to see if its EMF on my sound card (2 slots away), the GPU, or the PSU.

Power cable-wise, I've removed my 'braided' extensions in the hope a reduction in the amount of connectors will help, but doubt it. I'm using the 12-pin to 2x 8pin cables, and will make use of the Seasonic cable when it arrives.

Old trick of locking frame rate help?

Soldato
Speaking of, I have my 9900k oc'd at 5ghz on all cores, 32gb ram, D5 pump, 8 120mm fans, a separate fan controller pcb... Will a 850w psu be good enough or should I grab a 1kw?

I ordered the Asus Strix OC 3090. Which will also be under water and I'll no doubt be overclocking it even more.

Back
Top Bottom