• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ampere RTX 3090 Ti Owners Thread

Soldato
So much for "this is a pointless card Nvidia aren't getting my money" eh Kaapstad ? lol

Nvidia have you squarely by the short and curlies ;)

I won't lie, My finger was hovering over the buy button on Nvidia's site but for once I practised some self control, The price is too much, Only 5 months to go and the 4000 series launches and we'll see a 4070 likely match this card in raw performance for 1/4 the price.

If this came out a year ago I would likely have gotten one but right now it's simply way too late in the product cycle, Plus I have a 3080 Ti to tide me over
happy.png

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
So much for "this is a pointless card Nvidia aren't getting my money" eh Kaapstad ? lol

Nvidia have you squarely by the short and curlies ;)

I won't lie, My finger was hovering over the buy button on Nvidia's site but for once I practised some self control, The price is too much, Only 5 months to go and the 4000 series launches and we'll see a 4070 likely match this card in raw performance for 1/4 the price.

If this came out a year ago I would likely have gotten one but right now it's simply way too late in the product cycle, Plus I have a 3080 Ti to tide me over
happy.png

If I had had a modern card laying around for my build I would not have bothered either.

Soldato
Something to get the TROH started.:)

pHr3K9H.jpg

Nice, enjoy!

I do wonder if you're the only person in the world to own a 3090ti and use it on a 60hz monitor. I know you're heavily into benching etc where the refresh rate doesn't matter, though I still think you may be the only one!

Are you going to watercool it? Let us know how you get on with it :)

Man of Honour
OP
Nice, enjoy!

I do wonder if you're the only person in the world to own a 3090ti and use it on a 60hz monitor. I know you're heavily into benching etc where the refresh rate doesn't matter, though I still think you may be the only one!

Are you going to watercool it? Let us know how you get on with it :)

I probably won't watercool it as the case only has room for a single 360mm rad which is already having to cope with a 12900KS.

I think another 480 Watts from the 3090ti would be a bit too much.:eek::)

Permabanned
I probably won't watercool it as the case only has room for a single 360mm rad which is already having to cope with a 12900KS.

I think another 480 Watts from the 3090ti would be a bit too much.:eek::)

Do you have an actual use for KS? I have my K at 125W PL2 and .07 undervolt, which still hits 25k in CBr23 while only reaching 60C on air with default fan profiles. It's not a bad option if you don't use the all the cores maxed out.

Man of Honour
OP
Do you have an actual use for KS? I have my K at 125W PL2 and .07 undervolt, which still hits 25k in CBr23 while only reaching 60C on air with default fan profiles. It's not a bad option if you don't use the all the cores maxed out.
I got the KS to see if my old single thread games would run better because of the high IPC. I needed to rebuild the PC because the motherboard for the 5950x system in there died.

I will be doing a lot of gaming to test it out.:)

Man of Honour
OP

Just tried mine on CBr23 and scored 28816 using default settings, having said that the result needs to be taken with a large pinch of salt because Asus tweek the settings by default.

I also had a quick go on Heaven 4 with the 3090ti using standard power limit (no increase) but overclocked, running on Air, Win10

Q9a7PXK.jpg

I am waiting to see what happens when I get W11 on the system.

Soldato
Just tried mine on CBr23 and scored 28816 using default settings, having said that the result needs to be taken with a large pinch of salt because Asus tweek the settings by default.

I also had a quick go on Heaven 4 with the 3090ti using standard power limit (no increase) but overclocked, running on Air, Win10

Q9a7PXK.jpg

I am waiting to see what happens when I get W11 on the system.

nice :) What are your impressions on the card so far, how does the FE cooler cope? I heard the FE cooler on the 3090TI is slightly improved on the already excellent 3090 cooler (especially since no memory on backplate to cool on the ti)

Man of Honour
OP
nice :) What are your impressions on the card so far, how does the FE cooler cope? I heard the FE cooler on the 3090TI is slightly improved on the already excellent 3090 cooler (especially since no memory on backplate to cool on the ti)

Cooler is pretty good in normal use. A bit noisy when turned up to 100% for benching but not something to worry about for gaming. Heaven 4 can get cards quite hot but as you can see from the pic above the card was running at 63C which is not bad.

Memory overclocking is quite a bit better than my FE 3090 and core overclocking is about the same +140 for benching on air.

What I am curious about is why there is no option to increase the power limit in EVGA Precision X1.

Soldato
Cooler is pretty good in normal use. A bit noisy when turned up to 100% for benching but not something to worry about for gaming. Heaven 4 can get cards quite hot but as you can see from the pic above the card was running at 63C which is not bad.

Memory overclocking is quite a bit better than my FE 3090 and core overclocking is about the same +140 for benching on air.

What I am curious about is why there is no option to increase the power limit in EVGA Precision X1.

No 3090Ti's so far seem to allow you to increase the power limit from what I understand and only way is if they come with a dual bios or a bios that allows that from the manufacturer, out of the box seems none allow you to increase via these programs even msi afterburner.

If you use GPU-Z and check the advanced tab you will see in their if it allows what percentage increase for power limit, 3090ti seem to be zero and other cards well depends on the model and manufacturer allowed power limit increase. I think Nvidia are scared people are going to damage the cards as they are at their limits for air cooling and the power limit they are set at seems 480w is the max allowed bios so far for these 3090ti's. Sure there will be some bios released or hacked to allow you to use the power slider. They so far only say 100% max so basically you can only under power from stock bios or oc bios.

Back
Top Bottom