• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ampere RTX 3090 Ti Owners Thread

Soldato
They could have cleaned their case a bit first before putting in £4ks worth of graphics cards :confused:

edit : Sorry Purg, is that your case? I didn't have sound on. No offence re the above statement :( I thought it was just someone from youtube and you posted a link.

Not my case mate, mine is here 2 x 3090 with a 4 slot NVLINK as the guy used in the video and the max sized spacing bridge available and I wire managed mine and can close the case up:- https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/34846430/

I will not be going 3090ti as I need an air cooled setup and used for work not benchmarks and 3090ti really needs water cooling to fit the cards in right as they are way too thick now for air cooling two cards next to each other.

Yes I was shocked he didn't manage to even get the PSU in the case and wire manage it right (I have more things in my system) I have a 2 x 3090 sli/nvlink setup but this is just daft what he's done in the video because the space between them is tiny now, I at least have a space between the cards, the cards are just too thick for air cooling in dual setups and as you see he has an air conditioner blowing over them too. Not sure what he's using the setup for but guessing benchmarking and not work related as NVLINK now is for work apps and a few games support it in MGPU mode as SLI is dead as we know as Nvidia makes no profiles now and game devs have to enable multi gpu for dx12 and vulkan.

sounds like a hovercraft with added coil whine

Yes he has his fans set to 100% for the gpus and was doing some benchmarks and then he has an air conditioner sat right next to them.

Last edited:
Associate

All of the RGB - Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti Review - Palit Game Rock

Full site review here :- https://overclock3d.net/reviews/gpu_displays/palit_game_rock_rtx_3090_ti_oc_review/1

What we're very happy to see is that, unlike the past couple of years, the new launch of the RTX 3090 Ti cards means that if you have got the funds available to pay for it then there are actually models on shelves. You don't have to go down dark alleyways at night to an address you got from Telegram just to come home with a card. That pricing might seem like an odd thing to fixate upon, but when you compare the performance of the RTX 3090 Ti to the performance you could get six months ago for a couple of big ones - usually the RTX 3080 Ti - then it becomes something of a bargain. Additionally when you compare the performance of it to the regular RTX 3090 the refinements of higher clock speed, faster memory, and more CUDA Cores flex their muscles in the most demanding tests to bring even more performance than the already hilariously capable flagship card it supercedes.

I think that paragraph sums up well why I think there's value to be had with this card.

As someone that paid hundreds more than what you can buy a 3090Ti I feel a bit gutted.

I'd have felt worse had I spent 2 grand on a 3080Ti.

Unfortunately for me I've not had any joy selling my 3090, so not sure if that's down to asking price or reflective of the market not wanting to buy cards with new ones on the horizon.

Associate
Got my Superim X today. Got to admit I am seriously impressed by the card. There is still the Asus liquid cooled card to come but I think I may cancel that as this card is seriously quiet. Like out of all the cards I have owned at least aircooling wise this is the quietest. That does mean that the card runs a little hotter than what I am use to but when I consider there is at least 450w being dissipated without hardly making a noise then I can accept higher temps for that.

Soldato

RTX 3090 Ti SLI: Bad Idea or Worst Idea?

Edit: Reason he couldn't enable SLI in the driver is because his motherboard doesn't have a BIOS with an SLI key in it, seems ASUS has not added that to some motherboards with Z690 and you need to contact Asus and hope they add it or send you a beta bios with it in for your motherboard. Paul has clearly not thought about that and that's is why SLI worked on the X570 board. ;) Also to enable SLI board must support 8x x 8x minimum for both cards which his did do that but without the SLI key in the motherboard BIOS the driver removes all SLI options.

Clue was here if he looked into it better :- https://www.overclock.net/threads/o...imus-z690-owners-thread.1794802/post-28915760

Last edited:
Permabanned
Got my Superim X today. Got to admit I am seriously impressed by the card. There is still the Asus liquid cooled card to come but I think I may cancel that as this card is seriously quiet. Like out of all the cards I have owned at least aircooling wise this is the quietest. That does mean that the card runs a little hotter than what I am use to but when I consider there is at least 450w being dissipated without hardly making a noise then I can accept higher temps for that.

Do you notice the extra heat in the room?

Associate
Do you notice the extra heat in the room?

Oh god yes. But it is cold tonight. Come summer it will roast me to death. Still not as bad as when I use to run SLI 8800 gtx setups both cards kicking out 100c. I mean by default it has the switch at the back to silent which obviously means it spins the fans slower and gaming it behaves like any other graphics card.

I mean whether the switch is set to silent or gaming that heat still has to go somewhere. But the joy of barely being able to hear it. It's like when your PC is idle just kicking out as much heat as a Will Smith slap. If you turned the sound down on your headphones or speakers you would think that it was doing nothing as I associate Fan noise of graphics card to be doing something when it is making a racket.

And it probably placebo or new toy syndrome while some reviews claim the performance increases are marginal over a 3090 (which I have never owned) I did notice it coming from a 3080 Ti which I regard as a very good graphics card.

Associate
Got my Superim X today. Got to admit I am seriously impressed by the card.

MSI really hit it out of the park with the Suprim design - my 3070 Suprim X never gets above 62 degrees whilst under full load (300w) and it's pretty much silent - impressive that the design scales all the way up to the 3090 Ti (admittedly, with an extra 10mm added to the fin stack and the improved memory layout).

Soldato
Oh god yes. But it is cold tonight. Come summer it will roast me to death. Still not as bad as when I use to run SLI 8800 gtx setups both cards kicking out 100c. I mean by default it has the switch at the back to silent which obviously means it spins the fans slower and gaming it behaves like any other graphics card.

I mean whether the switch is set to silent or gaming that heat still has to go somewhere. But the joy of barely being able to hear it. It's like when your PC is idle just kicking out as much heat as a Will Smith slap. If you turned the sound down on your headphones or speakers you would think that it was doing nothing as I associate Fan noise of graphics card to be doing something when it is making a racket.

And it probably placebo or new toy syndrome while some reviews claim the performance increases are marginal over a 3090 (which I have never owned) I did notice it coming from a 3080 Ti which I regard as a very good graphics card.

Surely the 3080Ti is only about 10% slower, on the 3090Ti?

3090ti is a touch faster than the 3090, which in itelf was only a touch faster than the 3080Ti?

Associate
The most interesting thing for me about this release is the new power design and cooling solutions, some very impressive engineering on lot of the cards that show air cooling will be possible should rumours of the power draw of the next gen be true.

I love how EVGA ship theirs with a wire to support the cards beefy weight.

Soldato

How is the coilwhine at high fps 100% load? On my 3080 and 3090's, no matter how quiet the fans/cooling solution, the coilwhine is the loudest source of noise.

Soldato
dIXYtrSl.jpg

Work in progress.. 3090ti FE, 5900x, 32gb ram and trying to get a big psu to fit.
What I really want is a block for the GPU, and a psu with native 16pin gpu connector (or bits so I can make my own). The waiting game!

Associate
Aegis>On silent mode it reaches 80C but you can never hear it. I think my case fans at 30% is louder unless you take off the side panel and put your ear to it . On gaming mode then it is around 71 ish although my case isn't ideal for airflow (011 mini) this you can definitely hear.

Subbtna>The difference varies from game to game from very marginal at best to 15-20 FPS. Although Ymmv as I game at 4k. Some games it can be less than 5 FPS to other games being 10 FPS all the way to 15-20. Like I said maybe it new toy syndrome and it placebo but it feels faster than 3080ti straight off the bat. Maybe not so much FPS related as if a game runs at 90+ or 100+ Fps it still gonna be decent. But it seems smoother.

Dave2150>Last night I was playing a game on a menu screen it hit 1500 fps which tends to be for me at least when you hear coil whine the most. Now I didn't hear any coil whine but my pc is on the floor. ANd I wouldn't like to say that this brand and model deffo has not coil whine for you to go out and drop 2k on it, only for your model to have it. Maybe I got lucky and this particular one doesn't.

I really like this card but now my Asus liquid cooled has now been shipped. Which one to keep? It arrives Monday but I will be in work allday Monday/Tuesday and can't play with it till Wednesday

Soldato
@samcat I hope you've got small hands lol.

Makes me nervous just thinking about working in a case that small. Good luck with the build though :)

Giant hands, lol...
I swing both ways, little and large. Usually building in giant things like the 719 etc, but also sff and ultra sff.
This is ultimately going external watercooled (2x 480 monstas with push pull noctuas) but to begin with its going to be aircooled (to prove the bits all work/'patiently' waiting for a gpu block)

I did consider trying to stuff it into the ncase M1, but it has a 280mm length limit for 3 slot cards without hacking around that I didnt want to do.

Sadly the PSU i wanted to use didnt fit with the gpu aircooled.... 1000w superflower full atx psu. ;)
3kMQjtcl.jpg

Associate
Received My Asus Strix 3090Ti today. Runs stupidly cool which is not a suprise given it has an AIO attached to it. Two things are an issue. The fan curve profile and it seems my card has the worst coil whine I have ever heard. Gonna try it on my other PC. It would be a shame to RMA it as this one can do over 2.2k+ on the core and sustain it. Usually a little bit of coil whine doesn't bother me but this is way more than normal and it happens as soon as you go into any game regardless if it low FPS or high FPS.

Back
Top Bottom