The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Soldato
Unfortunately in Nottingham those films tend to only have their initial run, at least, at the Showcase cinema which, unlike the Broadway, is not easy or convenient, to get to unless you drive, (and more expensive). Also get a lot more chavs there. The site does not show the screening at the Broadway.

The Nottingham Showcase lists it as on the 15/03 but if Your Name is anything to go by it will be packed solid. They do show the Sword Art online movie on the 14/04 as well (but I cant say I liked the series' overly much).

Soldato
Finished off s01 of Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans, one of the best Gundams I have seen and set in a new timeline, post-disaster.

Also polished off all seven parts of the MSG Unicorn OVA, not bad but not up there with 00 or Seed.

Caporegime
00 was an incredible series. Simply excellent the whole way through. The animation was beautiful, strong characters and stories. Gundam/Mobile suit just has that right balance of mech warrior action and politics. Looking forward to giving IBO a go :)

Associate
Discovered Gantz:0 on Netflix last night. Was not aware of this franchise before, but my son informs me the original Gantz series was good so may hunt it out.
Unbelievable CGI, by a long chalk the best I've seen, absolutely eye-popping.
Story was a little weak, to say the least, but as far as a series of awesome scenes go, they don't get much better. Particularly liked the flaming wheel demons.

Soldato
Discovered Gantz:0 on Netflix last night. Was not aware of this franchise before, but my son informs me the original Gantz series was good so may hunt it out.
Unbelievable CGI, by a long chalk the best I've seen, absolutely eye-popping.
Story was a little weak, to say the least, but as far as a series of awesome scenes go, they don't get much better. Particularly liked the flaming wheel demons.

LOL I posted almost the exact same thing a few days ago. And since then I have got to half way through the original second season. Bear in mind its a load more adult the movie version, loads of sex, nudity, violence and gore. There are even scenes of random violence, torture and murder of homeless people.

The CG is incredible. That head monster that rolls about was superb.

Soldato
Hmm i think that gantz0 thing is not the film i was thinking about. Must be two films out then. One which was live and suppose to be tame and not that good and then theres this newer film thats all cgi i take it and has more adult content and is more true to the anime/manga yeah? If so im gona try get to watch it soon then. Really hope its eng dubbed as try as i might i just dont enjoy jap dubs of things.

edit

Just watched it and thought it had good cgi and action but was let down as gantz is well known for the sex and pervy bits which the above poster suggested this film had it but when i watched it just now there was no nudity or sex in which was a let down. Didnt know of that arc, i guess the anime didnt cover it as was expecting to see multiple missions in the film from the anime story.

Last edited:
Soldato
Finished watching Gantz : O on Netflix, enjoyed it for most part. Good animation and the whole Godzilla / Pacific Rim part in the middle kept me entertained.

I've just had a look at my usual anime sources and none of the them have the original Gantz show on there, if the series is like the film I'll probably enjoy it. Anyone have a source?

Associate
Anyone know the best order to watch Ghost in the Shell (inc all the spin offs / sequels)? There seem to be a heck of a lot of series/movies out there, the aim is to catch up before the live action comes out
Tough call. The recent Arise series of 4 episodes gives context to section 9, which none of the others do. So watch that first if you want to find out how they came about.
Personally though, I would recommend the original movie, then Stand Alone Complex 1st Gig, then 2nd Gig, then Arise. Then watch everything else if you've still got the motivation to. The second film isn't quite representative of what's great about GITS, and feels more like an indulgence of the director.

Back
Top Bottom