The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Discovered a couple of good shows while in lockdown.

Enne enne no shouboutai (fire force). Amazing art and graphics. Bleach on Fire!

And Baki which is very similar to Kengan Ashura.

Associate
Anyone caught the new Gits SAC which is on Netflix?

Personally it felt rather cut down in the complexity of the story compared to old series. Not a fan of the animation, it was really jarring in my eyes at some points. 12 part season 1.

Commissario
OP
I've not watched the new SAC, I didn't realise it was up in the west!

I'll probably give it a go in a few weeks, at the moment I'm still working on my Christmas sales backlog;)
I finished Lucky Stars the other night which was better than I remember it, mainly because i'd forgotten so much of what happened.
Currently on Heavy Gear which I'm enjoying so far, and next up is probably going to be Snow White, Yona or Mikuragi School Suite (or possibly a film in which case Penguin Highway).

Soldato
I'm not looking forward to the new series of GitS SAC, although i'll probably watch it, as, from what I've seen about it, I'll probably hate the animation style. Which is a shame as I really like SAC, more so than the original films in fact.

Edit: so watched it yesterday. It was barely ok. Animation style wasn't to my choice and the speed and complexity of plot seems to be about 3-4 episodes in the past dragged out to 12 ....

Last edited:
Associate
Man this threads still going?
Furlough has meant i have had some time to get back to watching some anime. So far binged A Certain Magical Index, Railgun and finishing off Accelerator. Need to finally see the last half of S3 of AoT.

Commissario
OP
ATA have announced they're putting Utena up for pre-order tomorrow, including some limited bundles one with a book and replica rose seal for £115, one with the 3 blu-ray sets for £100.
IIRC limited to 80 and 300 units respectively, I'm undecided which one i'll go for.

Caporegime
Found and finished the second season of Knights of Sidonia. I have to say it's one of the best mecha anime I've ever seen.

Also watched Dorohedoro, which is a heady mixture of madness and pure genius. Highly recommended!

Now watching Seraph of the End. Pretty generic but still quite watchable.

Associate
well only when live at 5pm today and ata is already sold out of the part 1 with rigid case for all parts, complete pack(part1,2,3 & rigid case) minus extra (book and seal), ultimate everything of Revolutionary Girl Utena. only part 1 standard blu-ray without rigid case is still available.

Commissario
OP
well only when live at 5pm today and ata is already sold out of the part 1 with rigid case for all parts, complete pack(part1,2,3 & rigid case) minus extra (book and seal), ultimate everything of Revolutionary Girl Utena. only part 1 standard blu-ray without rigid case is still available.
Unfortunately it seems the top bundle sold out in something like a minute:(
I had one in my basket and it was gone by the time I got paypal to log in.

Back
Top Bottom