The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Commissario
OP
Spent way to much on anime yesterday what with pre-orders and picking up both parts of March like a Lion from AtA in the sale
I'm trying not to spend any money on anime at the moment, mainly because I've still got am 18l realy useful box (and then some) full of unwatched anime from December, along with about half a 9l box from last year, and that's before the stuff i've got queued up on Netflix/Prime or the large jiffy bag that arrived this morning*.
The other reason I'm not buying any more at the moment is I've had an expensive month in terms of a kickstarter and new monitor.

*It's not getting opened till Monday.

Commissario
OP
I finished Sword Oratoria last night which was quite enjoyable and nice to see some of the "secondary" characters from "is it wrong...".

I'm probably going to watch something light starting tonight, possibly Lucky Stars or Kill me Baby as it's been a while since I saw either of them, and I've got the blu-rays sat on the side.
I've also sorted out some of my "lock down" viewing at least...
dvdforlockdown.jpg

If that isn't enough, I've got about half as much again in another box, and that's before this years new streaming/netflix

Soldato
Any recommendations for good anime to watch ?
for the last few years nothing seams to be to my taste.

I stopped watching around the end of dragon ball super, one punch man s1, seven deadly sins s2.
Ive been more into manga since, tried watching black clover but for some reason it seemed much poorer then the manga, it should have been done more like seven deadly sins.

I was going to watch Kengen ashura but I finished reading all the manga at start of the year, so wanted to give it a little time.

Associate
Any recommendations for good anime to watch ?
for the last few years nothing seams to be to my taste.

I stopped watching around the end of dragon ball super, one punch man s1, seven deadly sins s2.
Ive been more into manga since, tried watching black clover but for some reason it seemed much poorer then the manga, it should have been done more like seven deadly sins.

I was going to watch Kengen ashura but I finished reading all the manga at start of the year, so wanted to give it a little time.
Jojo Bizarre Adventure will always be something I would recommend, right amount of serious,comedy and action all-round if you haven't watched it yet.
Maybe check out some of the older Gundam series if you're interested in Mecha genre and the original Macross if you can find it in japanese and not the stupid Robotech.

Soldato
Couldnt sleep so just finished watching the Violet Evergarden OVA, Violet Evergarden: Eternity and the auto memory doll.

That feeling when you watch something so beautiful and have a lump in your throat.... god i love this Anime.

Soldato
Dear AlltheAnime .... fix your dispatch notes.

Get one yesterday for something .... which turns up today, fine ... except its with something else which I don't get a dispatch note for until this afternoon ....

Commissario
OP
LOL

Aye, ATA's dispatch notifications are somewhat...erratic
I think I've had no dispatch notification at all, it arriving a week or more after the item, getting the text message but not the email etc:)

I watched Shomin Sample over the last few days, which was very funny in places but I can't help wonder how parts of it got past the BBFC at it's rating:p
I'm currently watching Gonna be the Twintail which is fun and silly.

Next up is almost certainly either Parasyte (I picked up the collectors editions for ~£20 each a few weeks back), or Lucky Star depending on my mood when it comes time to change disks:)

On a side note, does anyone have any suggetions as to an MP3 renamer that is reasonably fast, easy to use and Accurate?
I'm trying to sort out my MP3 collection but Picard seems to have issues with the MP3's for some of the older Anime OST's (Bubblegum Crisis etc), I figure as I'm probably not getting out of the house for a while longer i might as well try and sort out my MP3's so that Android devices and my car can read the titles etc properly (much of my collection is from the days before android, with some going back 20+ years).

Back
Top Bottom