• Apple Watch 42mm Ceramic

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • Apple Watch 42mm Nike+

Votes: 12 6.4%
  • I'm not buying one

Votes: 89 47.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
Can't see another thread on this, but who's excited on the new Series 2 watch?

Who's getting one? perhaps a poll ?

As a prev watch owner, i am excited that the new apple watch has built in GPS and is waterproof. As i swim everyweek, and found it a pain to have to remove it during showers and swimming.

Anyway, the only thing i'm a little upset about is the value of my current stainless /w sapphire. Which doesn't seem a lot looking at fleabay.

So i'll be taking a big hit on the sale of the now series one. Plus i'll probably only end up buying a sport version. As lets be honest here, soon as the series 3 comes out, the series 2 will end up being sold for not a lot.. Not sure its worth investing in the more expensive elegant stainless with crystal sapphire glass.

I dropped $999 for the original with stainless link strap saying to myself at the time, well i'm paying less than what i'd be paying for a Tag... I guess i can keep the strap which is still $500 to buy...

Anyway i'm as excited about the new watch as i am about the new phone.

Associate
Yeah I'm considering one. Haven't got the first version but would use it to replace a mio fuse for HR recording etc. I'm unsure which to get though. I would also wear it as a casual watch.
Probably black aluminum rather than the stainless steel as not sure the increase justifies it. Is the glass that much more scratch resistant on the ss version?

I'm currently tempted to get the Nike+ version with the black and grey strap and then maybe later get a more formal leather/metal strap to use for work etc.

However if I get a second strap I might as well get the Lime green/Black nike strap. But if I get the black/grey one I could probably wear that to the office whilst still looking ok.

hmm, how easy is it to change straps?

Last edited:
Associate
I'll be ordering the Series 2 watch first thing tomorrow morning. Getting the Sport in black. May change the strap for something else later on. Will be my first Apple Watch, been holding off for a few months hoping something new was coming out.

hmm, how easy is it to change straps?

Very easy. Press a little catch in (underneath the watch) then slide out. Replace with new strap :)

Soldato
I've got at least another year to run on my AppleCare+. I'll wait until that expires before buying a new one. I'll probably skip a generation like I do with the iPhone and iPad.

Commissario
The addition of GPS makes this a no brainer for me. I'll be ordering a 42mm Sport with whatever strap is available when I look first thing in the morning. I use a third party bracelet so I don't really care what strap I get. I already have an Apple nylon strap so will see about one of the rubber ones.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I went to NYC over the new year and remember saying to my fiancée that we'd get 2x Apple watches as Christmas presents... until I found out it had no GPS. Ended up with a Garmin running watch which is awesome, but I know I'd be first in line for Apple Watch 2 if I was in the market again.

Poll added :)

Associate
I ended up giving my Apple Watch to my mum!

I've now got a Fitbit and find the fitness tracking app x1000 better than Apple Health, I'm not bothered about loosing the smartwatch features tbh as they were mostly useless. The Withings Steel HR is also out soon which looks great as well as being fitness focused.

The Apple Watch is so fuggly I can't believe its an Apple product. Look at the new Gear S3....

Soldato
OP
I agree in that its a little clunky looking compared to some of the other smart watches out there. Was kinda hoping that it would be made thinner in its new iteration. But as said earlier, i think smart watches are going to be like smart phones, in that we're changing them over for something new every couple of yrs, unlike a typical expensive timepiece. So probably just going to get a sport this time round... Maybe after they've made it slim line and with enough power to see you thru a good few yrs, i'll buy another crystal sapphire one.

I've got until tomorrow to make my mind up :D

Man of Honour
assuming no one else releases anything with hiking gps(was interested until viewranger came on stage then I was hell yes, wanted something like this for years), then 42mm Space Grey Aluminium Case with Black Woven Nylon. In ~January. Also want to see battery life and reviews before dropping £399. Well slightly less get a discount, but don't know how much without phoning them up. Won't be a lot though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Definitely going to be buying a Series 2 now. I just can't decide between Aluminium or wither to spend the extra on Stainless Steel, I'm going to hopefully get a friends discount on it.

Is Stainless Steel worth the extra cost?

Soldato
Is Stainless Steel worth the extra cost?

That really depends on your personal tastes and circumstances. I think the stainless steel model looks significantly better than the aluminium model. I'd rather buy a SS model and upgrade less frequently.

Soldato
OP
I'm also worried about scratching the glass on going with an aluminum.

Crystal sapphire is near high impossible to scratch, whereas that gorilla glass or whatever is called, can get scratched !

its about $140 difference. However a scratch and well no-one is going to want to buy it, whereas a perfect (which has a lot more chance of being over the course of 18months) is going to still have some value.

Food for thought ! i voted 42mm aluminum, but i maybe switching it lol

Soldato
Has there been any mention about these and tattoos? I've tried a fitbit and an Apple watch and neither worked -.-

Back
Top Bottom