The Apprentice 13 - Weds 4th Oct 2017 - 9pm BBC1

Soldato
Think it was a bad move to let Michaela go. Only candidate that I felt had her head properly screwed on.
I thought the same thing but I worked for someone like her who had lots of different business and people like her will get excited about an idea they have and will work on it for 3 years or so before becoming disillusioned or get distracted by something else. Swivel heads I call them.

Soldato
So left with a sweet business and an IT recruiter. Not really setting the world on fire. And James is clearly a serial liar i.e. being fired/being accredited, the latter described as a 'rookie mistake' - no, it's called deceit. He's too driven. I know people like him and their want for success has no bounds. People who get in the way will be sidelined, or in his case demoted. Nice bloke.

I agree with Vita, I had Michaela down to win this. Definitely not James. I'm surprised Joanna made it into the process at all, assuming business plans are considered during the candidate recruitment process for the show.

Associate
Odd episode.

The bull****ometer was working overtime tonight, from Sarah Lynn trying to convince her interviewer that a few sweets in a tub is somehow a USP, to James with his rogue accreditation. And these are the two who Sugar ends up finalling!

Given his mantra of not liking people 'playing safe', it seems somewhat incongruous that he would invest in a packager of confections after already investing in a cake company last year and a cupcake company previously. It looks set up to invest in James.

Soldato
Did you not see the bit where Sarah mentioned the bow on her sweet jar. That's the USP. Right there.
As for James, one of Sugar's aides, think it was Karen, even said he would be investing in James and not his business. I.e. the show inadvertently going back to its roots!

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

You guys have short memories.

He’s appointed someone based on their qualities as a candidate (when their business idea was crap) before .. Sarah is the most normal one of the lot and should win.

Soldato
Agreed. I like Sarah. Not sure how far she can take her business. The lack of a good web site was pretty poor though. James is just a smarmy salesman or perhaps that should be sales person. His sob story about returning his dad to a life or riches didn't do it for me. Michaela came from nothing, in fact I did't have much time for her until this episode. She's a grafter alright.

Soldato
I think at the start of the show it was mentioned by lord sugar himself that he would sort of mentor the candidate who wins but not be 100% involved in the running of the business.

Then I'm sure it was mentioned by Claude last night that there was some confusion about how involved lord sugar would be and maybe not as much as the candidates involved.

I do think between Sarah and James, Sarah is the more professional and calm measured candidate. But again throughout the process she was very much cautious and I found her a little quiet to be fair. It isn't a bad thing but there wasn't anything positive about it either. I can't see her business plan alighting the world on fire to be fair as someone mentioned sweets are a impulse buy but she has somewhat of an idea that making things look pretty. Idiots will buy them.

As with James I feel his business plan is better though his figures were out there and rather confusing though it somewhat proves numbers do the talking lol. When they mentioned about how a big corporate business would not use him because he wouldn't be known. Surely he'll have contacts in his field and will probably mention should he win and his business be set up that lord sugar is a co partner he certainly knows how to use gift of the gab. You can tell he's money driven so that will probably be in his favour more then anything.

At the end of the day it's the money which talks.

Caporegime
As for James, one of Sugar's aides, think it was Karen, even said he would be investing in James and not his business. I.e. the show inadvertently going back to its roots!

Yeah I noticed that and it explains why he would let Michaela go, he'll probably just choose the winner on the understanding that they'll change their business plan as has happened before.

Soldato
Does there have to be a winner?

Would be quite a nice plot twist if at the end of the final, he just went:

"Neither of you presented anything worthwhile and I can't see a future in either business so you're both fired. The last 12 weeks have been a waste of time."

:D

Associate
not sustainable. pic n mix is an impulse buy

Exactly this. It’s something you walk past and go oooo yeah I fancy some pick n mix because you want it now. Who is going to want to wait for it to arrive? James will win because that pick n mix business won’t make a return with the investment. It doesn’t need investment of money. As good as Sarah is, there is no excuse for poor web presence in 2017.

Soldato
Does there have to be a winner?

Would be quite a nice plot twist if at the end of the final, he just went:

"Neither of you presented anything worthwhile and I can't see a future in either business so you're both fired. The last 12 weeks have been a waste of time."

:D

I wouldn't be surprised if something like that happened, normally when they show the highlight real for the next episode for the final one it always finishes with him saying 'You're hired' but we didn't get that this year (more likely they just didn't want to spoil the result).

Man of Honour
Well I guess it's true he doesn't cherry pick business plans before the series starts. Otherwise he would have picked something better than sweets which millions of companies do already, or a shady one man band IT recruiter.

Both seem absolutely awful.

Soldato
I'd like to see an unedited version of the interviews with no cutting to stupid facial expressions or showing the interviewers trying to make them look idiots

Back
Top Bottom