*** The Apprentice 6 ***

Soldato
Just more proof on what an immature fraud he is. :D

I don't think he was claiming that this was a wonder product. He said that it is a brilliant technology that he wanted to help market/publicise/promote and bring to the market products which use that technology.

I don't think he claimed that this sort of technology didn't already exist.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

What I am disappointed in is that here we have a young man, who at the age of 18 started up his own company (ISP), which clearly has scope for growth. At that age, most people are either at college/Uni or just wasting their time. Rather than commend his effort and encourage him to move on to bigger and greater things, people on this forum seem to be belittling him and berating him for his whatever success he has already had.

I'm 36 years old and I would always go out of my way to encourage (and assist, where possible), those younger than me, who want to make something of themselves.

I'm not sure whether this attitude is out of spite or jealousy. It has to be one or the other, but it just goes to show that not everybody in this World wants others to do well for themselves.

Caporegime
What I am disappointed in is that here we have a young man, who at the age of 18 started up his own company (ISP), which clearly has scope for growth. At that age, most people are either at college/Uni or just wasting their time. Rather than commend his effort and encourage him to move on to bigger and greater things, people on this forum seem to be belittling him and berating him for his whatever success he has already had.

No one is moaning about his success. People are moaning because he is a ******* who talks crap and acts like a child.

Caporegime
I don't think he was claiming that this was a wonder product. He said that it is a brilliant technology that he wanted to help market/publicise/promote and bring to the market products which use that technology.

I don't think he claimed that this sort of technology didn't already exist.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm 36 years old and I would always go out of my way to encourage (and assist, where possible), those younger than me, who want to make something of themselves.

I'm not sure whether this attitude is out of spite or jealousy. It has to be one or the other, but it just goes to show that not everybody in this World wants others to do well for themselves.

First Cher, now Stuart?

Always backing the vilified I see :p

Soldato
First Cher, now Stuart?

Always backing the vilified I see :p

I back youngsters (and people) and try to offer them support so that they have every opportunity to reach their potential.

At a young age, many do not have the grit or determination to succeed, without encouragement and with people beating them down. Furthermore, negative comments can effect people adversely, especially those who are young.

I believe that there are many "older" people who use these forums - I'm 36, so I include myself in that category. And as such it is our duty to encourage and nurture youngsters...not beat them down. (Verbally) beating up on someone who is taking a (verbal) beating, is not a good trait for anybody to have or be proud of. I believe that this is a form of bullying.

Soldato
I see people like the look of Stella and Karen...each to their own.

Does nobody like Liz or am I the only one? I thought she was the best looking of the lot.

Man of Honour
What I am disappointed in is that here we have a young man, who at the age of 18 started up his own company (ISP), which clearly has scope for growth.
You don't know that. Have you got a full history of the company, its directories/shareholders/accounts, etc?

Did you know the company was founded the day before a company of a very similar name (ie take off the Ltd), which was founded some years ago, was dissolved? So.....he didn't set it up.

And they don't seem to do much anyway. And if it really was a £3m business he'd be running it, not applying for some ridiculous job and taking a huge paycut.

Soldato
You don't know that. Have you got a full history of the company, its directories/shareholders/accounts, etc?

Did you know the company was founded the day before a company of a very similar name (ie take off the Ltd), which was founded some years ago, was dissolved? So.....he didn't set it up.

And they don't seem to do much anyway. And if it really was a £3m business he'd be running it, not applying for some ridiculous job and taking a huge paycut.

Turning over £3m with zero margin doesn't earn you anything.

I certainly would have quizzed him on the profitability.

Soldato
Turning over £3m with zero margin doesn't earn you anything.

I certainly would have quizzed him on the profitability.

Even if he has a company which is getting zero profitability, it is probably creating jobs for people (a very good thing). Furthermore, I would be proud of a company, I created at the age of 18, even if it wasn't making a profit, but was turning over £3M.

Many start ups, in their early years do not make a profit and struggle to break even. However, as they progress and mature, their profit begins to kick in and rise.

There are many companies listed on the stock exchange which are loss makers. I myself have invested in these, as have many others and watched the share price rise.

Last edited:
Soldato

So, you are suggesting that we should berate the guy and call him all sorts of names, just because we don't know for a fact that he actually does have a company?

This is not a good argument.

As I stated before, he is young. He is bound to make mistakes - say and do things which an older person wouldn't. In fact, this is quite normal.

Assuming that he hasn't completely made the whole thing up, I commend him for his efforts so far and commend him for making it into the top 5 (was it top 5?) of The Apprentice - something which is not easy.

BTW, at the age of 18, what were you doing? I would love to hear. Its possible that you were running a multi billion dollar company at that stage, in which case, I shall take my hat off to you.

Soldato
Even if he has a company which is getting zero profitability, it is probably creating jobs for people (a very good thing). Furthermore, I would be proud of a company, I created at the age of 18, even if it wasn't making a profit, but was turning over £3M.

The business will have capital costs which you stump up (or borrow) for. You would want some kind of return on that investment to pay off interest payments and or make investing your own money worthwhile. He may have been taking a large salary as CEO and owner in which case zero profitability doesn't matter.

Many start ups, in their early years do not make a profit and struggle to break even. However, as they progress and mature, their profit begins to kick in and rise.

There are many companies listed on the stock exchange which are loss makers. I myself have invested in these, as have many others and watched the share price rise.

A lot of assumptions. Like I said, I would have quizzed him on profits and/or his CEO salary. What plans were in place to return to profitability?

edit:

Of course the business could have been hugely profitable, in which case why is he on The Apprentice.

Last edited:
Soldato
I believe he is the youngest ever to appear on the (non Jr) Apprentice (UK). There must be a good reason for this. The main reason must relate to him creating a company, which is turning over a fair whack.

If memory serves me correct, he didn't have stellar qualifications, so his business experience, must be what he was chosen for.

If his business is hugely profitable, then he may be on the Apprentice to improve his business acumen and get a business education. Many people have left well paid jobs, in order to go on the Apprentice (or other reality tv shows...Big Brother comes to mind). The reason is usually that they want to expand their horizons or learn new things. Also, exposure on the telly can open doors that would otherwise remain firmly shut.

In any case, this is all conjecture. Only he knows the true reason for him being on the Apprentice. If he really did start a company at 18, he is to be commended for this and not berated. If there is anybody on this forum who has done better, I would love to hear about it. Success stories serve to inspire the uninspired, and create ambition, in those with no ambition.

Soldato
he got in for his business experience but was found out for lying about some of that...

mates mate was on the show when he was 22 and he had done the same , got found out earlier though , 2nd or 3rd week

Caporegime
I believe he is the youngest ever to appear on the (non Jr) Apprentice (UK). There must be a good reason for this. The main reason must relate to him creating a company, which is turning over a fair whack.

If memory serves me correct, he didn't have stellar qualifications, so his business experience, must be what he was chosen for.

So they didn't pick him because he'd be entertaining on the TV?

Hmmm.

Caporegime
If Stuart was half as good as he claimed he wouldn't have applied to The Apprentice in the first place, likewise if he could turn £100k into £1m why would he work 24/7 for Sugar? he could take out a £10k loan and make £90k for himself.

Well all they had to go on was what Stuart himself had wrote on his CV and they exposed lies in that on the interview episode.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well all they had to go on was what Stuart himself had wrote on his CV and they exposed lies in that on the interview episode.

What lie are you referring to?

Do you mean the misunderstanding around the definition of a telecoms company and an ISP (which can also offer VOIP services)?

IMO Stuart should never have apologised and should've explained that as his company can is licensed to sell customers internet services, as well as voice telephony (via the internet), he felt that the terms telecoms company describes his company well.

Now if the interviewer does not agree with that definition, then they will have to agree to disagree.

Stuart should also have explained this to AS, during the boardroom.

Stuart can be forgiven, as he is only 21 and most 21 year olds would not have had a cool enough head to debate his way out of that.

The way I see it, Stuart did not lie, unless of course I have missed out some other juicy bit of information.

Soldato
If Stuart was half as good as he claimed he wouldn't have applied to The Apprentice in the first place,

Why not? Appearing on the Apprentice (and not winning), can open doors that would otherwise remain closed. A simple example would be if he were trying to raise money from Venture Capitalists. The fact that he has been on the Apprentice can immediately get his foot in the door.

At some stage, I may well go on to Dragon's Den. Not to get money from them (I wouldn't take their money if they begged me), but to get some "free" exposure of my idea. The idea being that I can use this exposure to attain contacts which can later lead to investors investing in my idea (at reasonable percentages and not the ridiculous percentages the Dragons tend to go for).

likewise if he could turn £100k into £1m why would he work 24/7 for Sugar? he could take out a £10k loan and make £90k for himself.

He needs Alan Sugar's money, resources and infrastructure to do this. Also, bear in mind that Stuart is a salesman. He loves the hard "in your face" sale. To this end, he would've said anything in the boardroom to make the "sale" (ie. sell himself to AS). The claims about the ponies, the money back guarantee and 1000% ROI were all sales tactics that had no foundation.

If AS had drawn up a document for Stuart to sign, regarding the money back guarantee, I'm pretty sure Stuart would not have signed it.

Back
Top Bottom