**The ASrock 939dual-SATA2 (ULi M1695) thread**

Associate
Ok, just to let those who where trying to help me know.
I've got the onboard LAN to work now.
I Extracted the exe using winRAR then used device manager to install the driver.

I've also installed my Audigy2 now and am using the X-Fi driver as suggested by another thread on the forums and all is working well.

So anyone know what setting SATA driving to 'STRONG' does?
And what does 32-bit transfer mode do?

Associate
hmmm ive been geting some unexplained crashers in cs:S ever since i used this board think it sumthing to do with the memory im useing.... ordered a new daul channel kit hopeing it will solve the problem..

Soldato
There are 3 Main memory testing utilities that i have used

Memtest - Windows
Memtest86+ - DOS
Rightmark Memory Stability - Windows

See how you go on whith these

A quick google should find them for you as im a bit busy to find direct links

Associate
i am never updateing a bios again just updated it to 1.20 and it wouldnt switch on finaly got it turned on by taking one of my 512 ddr's out still seems to starting up abit doggy :(

Associate
Is anybody using an Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 and this mobo? If so did you just put it straight onto the boards Retention module or did you remove the one off the board and use the one which came with the cooler?

Associate
Ordered myself an 3800 x2; be interesting to see how this goes compared to the Venice 3000 that I've got in it at the moment. I don't upgrade a computer for a couple of years; then do two upgrades in a month....it's too addictive!!!

Associate
As there are a few of these boards around now has anyone thought about doing a 'tweaking guide' for this MoBo yet? I don't think I'm getting the best performance out of mine, and a bios walkthrough for the best settings would be good for us 'less gifted' people!

Associate
Yeah, theres a few options in the BIOS i'm not too sure about.

Also I don't know if I can enable 32-bit transfer with my SATA II drive or not as its not mentioned anywhere.

Associate
Fam Money said:
I have no idea why. I've never had this much trouble updating a BIOS.
same here this is the first bios update ive done in a few years i thought i had flashed it wrong been working ok now been playing with the fsb on my 3700+ geting a nice overclock out of it

Soldato
this board is good im considering taking all my stuff over to the A64 platform and won't have to spend cash on new ram or gfx card. just board, cpu and cooler. hmmm
guess i can ride it out with what i currently have for a while.

Soldato
Netphreak said:
Yeah, theres a few options in the BIOS i'm not too sure about.

Also I don't know if I can enable 32-bit transfer with my SATA II drive or not as its not mentioned anywhere.

Reading through Rojak's bios guide

32-bit Transfer Mode

Common Options : On, Off

Quick Review

This BIOS feature allows you to command the IDE controller to combine two 16-bit hard disk reads into a single 32-bit data transfer to the processor. This greatly improves the performance of the IDE controller as well as the PCI bus.

Therefore, it is highly advisable to enable 32-bit Transfer Mode. If you disable it, data transfers from the IDE controller to the processor will only occur in 16-bits chunks.

I would say this also applies to Sata

;)

Back
Top Bottom