**The ASrock 939dual-SATA2 (ULi M1695) thread**

Soldato
well had a little play with 164 tweaker and run the memory at 150

sisoft sandra score went from 4442 to around 4752 , dont know if thats a noticable differance gameing wise ?

at 166 the memory is pushed to hard and the system freezes, think that equates to around 225 though, and my memory is only 200

is it worth putting the beta bios on and playing or not ?

really happy with this upgrade though, only cost me £200, and i put my old bits in a asus case i bought for £37 with a grorce 4 mmx card i got off ebay for a tenner and sold the lot for £250 ;)

Last edited:
Associate
Have you tried to run prime95 with the 150 memory divider?

I always fail prime with 150 memory divider within 2 minutes and the memory runs only at 198mhz :mad: far bellow specifications (currently at 133 divider & 183mhz)

the 2.7v memory settings is wasting my ram!

Associate
kidloco said:
right, after uninstalling, reinstalling driers for about an hour its finnally working :)

time to overclock.

bit of a noob at this so i may need a few pointers.

1st of all set the htt to 800 and set that cpu/pci-e/a synch to 100
memory is set to 133 with the rest of the timings on auto

tried 250mhz 1st, booted no problem

then 260, still no problem

then 270 , still great ( loving this chip :cool: )

so now my cpu is happily running at 2.7 gig but my memory is slighlty underperforming

what am I best doing, having the memory set to 166 and the cpu at 2.5 gig of what I have it at now.

my memory is 2 x 1gig corsair 3200 by the way

also i have sod all idea about what to set the memoru timings too. any help would be appriciated

Same than you.

I have before 255x10 HTT800 and 166, now 274x10 HTT800 and 133 so underperforming memory :(

check this site to get the most of you A64: http://math.gogar.com/athlon64.cgi

cpu speed is king

anybody with OCW1.5 beta??? I wonder what is the different with the officials, more memory dividers????

Last edited:
Associate
None of the betas bios have any more Dividers , a lot of people think beta 3-5 is a waste of time as you can not work high HTT (274Lock) on them .It is only beta 1+2 wich you can go higher than 274.
some people like me if you have ( I think asrock bios 1.5 ) you can get the board to start up with HTT sat at 300 but with cold bug.

Thy the OCW beta 2 thats should give you lot to play with
like this: http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=60301

Soldato
Just a quick note if anyones interested in this board, I picked up one a while ago and its been rock solid, im not overclocking just wanted a stable system and its been great so far. Cant complain for the price.

Associate
Chaos said:
Just a quick note if anyones interested in this board, I picked up one a while ago and its been rock solid, im not overclocking just wanted a stable system and its been great so far. Cant complain for the price.

Ditto! You can't complain and with the volt-mod it's even better. I have a 3200 Venice at 2300 rock solid on air playing ALL games with 2Gig Crucial standard @ 2300 3,3,3,6 2t and an AGP 800XT PE unclocked. This is VALUE. :D :D :D

Soldato
Getting mine tomorrow with any luck, have been reading the long thread over on another forum about this board, hoping I dont have too many problems.

Bought some TwinX 3200CPT, read that they require highish volts, hoping it will be OK on this board.

I take it there are no BIOS' out that give higher than official BIOS' CPU/RAM volts without doing mods on the board?

EDIT - seems i cant mention other forums...

Associate
BruceLee said:
Getting mine tomorrow with any luck, have been reading the long thread over on another forum about this board, hoping I dont have too many problems.

Bought some TwinX 3200CPT, read that they require highish volts, hoping it will be OK on this board.

I take it there are no BIOS' out that give higher than official BIOS' CPU/RAM volts without doing mods on the board?

EDIT - seems i cant mention other forums...

Hope you're not dissapointed by the lack of volts. BIOS's won't help (I think?) but the CPU volt-mod works a treat and I understand there's a Vdimm volt-mod as well! If not you may need the booster other people have tried.

Permabanned
I've heard people say that the volt mod on this motherboard is very easy to do. I was thinking about doing it but when I looked at the board and saw what I had to solder I changed my mind as it looked quite hard.

What is the best way to do the volt mod on this board?
Can it be done without soldering, as I couldn't solder this without shorting it.

Soldato
Nah, I understand the limits on the board, will be happy to get maybe 2.4 to 2.5 on it. At least I dont have to fork out for a new gfx card yet, and all in all this upgrade has only cost me £200

A64 3800x2
Motherboard
1gb ram
A64 Freezer

So even at stock it will be a lot better than current setup (XP2200)
Cant wait for the dual core goodness really, will give some more breathing room :)

Soldato
lee87 said:
I've heard people say that the volt mod on this motherboard is very easy to do. I was thinking about doing it but when I looked at the board and saw what I had to solder I changed my mind as it looked quite hard.

What is the best way to do the volt mod on this board?
Can it be done without soldering, as I couldn't solder this without shorting it.

I soldered the pads on my mobo (actually pretty easy with a small tipped soldering iron)

Alternatively you can use conductive paint which Halfords sell to repair rear screen demister tracks.

Associate
BruceLee said:
Nah, I understand the limits on the board, will be happy to get maybe 2.4 to 2.5 on it. At least I dont have to fork out for a new gfx card yet, and all in all this upgrade has only cost me £200

A64 3800x2
Motherboard
1gb ram
A64 Freezer

So even at stock it will be a lot better than current setup (XP2200)
Cant wait for the dual core goodness really, will give some more breathing room :)

EXACTLY what it was designed for! :D

Nice to see so many people getting the most out of this mobo, even when pushing the boundaries.

Lee87, I was very lucky doing the volt-mod as I dropped some solder onto a nearby component and it took many hours working with extremely small, virtualy microscopic tools and a VERY powerfull magnifying glass to 'bodge' the damage! :eek:

However, I was just unlucky/clumsy and would not hesitate to do it again but the conductive paint sounds much easier. I will probably try the newer resistor mod if I get another of these mobo's as it sounds better all round to me!

So, the moral of this (rather long) story is don't try soldering it unless you feel confident and have the right tools (if you're not sure, you don't) and the conductive paint is much easier, less likely to do damage and simpler to remove or modify if you need to! ;)

Last edited:
Permabanned
Thanks guys, the conductive paint sounds the easiest way to do it. I'll get some this week and hopefully the mod will work fine.

Soldato
Hmm, am I right that if you carry out the vcore/vdimm mods it will then allow up to 1.5v or whatever, or will it always be set at the highest?

Seems unclear on other forums I am reading.

Permabanned
It will just change one voltage setting to give out 1.5V
I think when you set the voltage to 1.1V in the bios it will be putting 1.5V into the cpu.
Every other setting will give out the same voltage as normal.

Soldato
Depending on which method you use (which two contacts you short) you need to set a particular Vcore in the bios.

I am sure that on OCW there is a chart showing the correlation between the two.

On the version of mod I did I need to set 1.15 to get 1.5v for instance.

Back
Top Bottom