**The ASrock 939dual-SATA2 (ULi M1695) thread**

Associate
Never had a single problem with mine, BIOS has been updated 3 times, running a PCI-E card and a SATA2 Seagate 7200.10, one of the best boards I have ever had, and not just for the price.

Associate
Apart from compatibility problems with my LiveDrive, mine's fine... what do you expect for the price? although I'm fighting it at the moment with some memory problems (TCCD-F=No chance matey), I suspect that's down to me being tired when I fight it (It used to work, now it doesn't since I moved it around)

Associate
ns400r said:
Mine has been and still is rock solid. It just works.

Same here, and i'm still using 1.20 bios it shipped with! :p

I want to update it but fear it all going wrong somehow. If the flash fails, is it easy to try again? If i'm not mistaken all I need to do is reset cmos in the event of a failed bios flash, right?

Man of Honour
Gundam God said:
Same here, and i'm still using 1.20 bios it shipped with! :p

I want to update it but fear it all going wrong somehow. If the flash fails, is it easy to try again? If i'm not mistaken all I need to do is reset cmos in the event of a failed bios flash, right?
No. The CMOS only holds the settings for the BIOS. If the BIOS itself is no good, clearing the CMOS will do nothing. If you're lucky, you might be able to boot with the failed BIOS and reflash. If you aren't, you will need to replace the BIOS chip. With this board, it might even be cheaper to buy a new board.

Associate
sata floppy drivers

Hi all, can someone link me directly to the sata drivers that go on a floppy disk as im about to format my pc and remembered it asks you for them.

cheers cocker92

sid

sid

Soldato
Cheers for the tip on cutting the led connector lol, In the end im using a UV led with a molex connector, seems to do the job quite well actually

sid

Soldato
On my board, i install the USB 2.0 drivers. When i plug in my ipod i get a yellow pop up message saying this device would run faster on a usb 2.0 port etc etc.

Anyone know why?

And also, i read that with speed fan, temp2 = your cpu temp? If thats so, what does "core" temp refere to.

Last edited:
Associate
Angilion said:
No. The CMOS only holds the settings for the BIOS. If the BIOS itself is no good, clearing the CMOS will do nothing. If you're lucky, you might be able to boot with the failed BIOS and reflash. If you aren't, you will need to replace the BIOS chip. With this board, it might even be cheaper to buy a new board.
I decided to go ahead and give it ago, it seems to have flashed without any prolems. :)

Associate
that was a long read over a few days couldnt read it all in once , I think ill give one of these a whirl for a bit of fun, ill give it the vmod , that someone kindly posted up the link for and see how far i can take an opty on it

Associate
I'm glad to see this thread still has legs... its been a while since I looked at it. In the 3-4 months I've been using this motherboard its held up like a trooper - for the price its truely amazing. Its quite possibly the best thing I've ever bought value wise for a PC.

Cal_G needs a big up for recommending it!!

Associate
memory timings for newbie please

hello there

i have had some memory probs recently, please could someone post some nice memory timings for a newbie please that best suits my memory for this board. also please tell me which memory setting i change in the bios ie. tRAS - tRCD - tRP - CAS etc. as corsair reccomends 2-3-3-6 but i am not really too sure where to put each timing!

thanks loads

Associate
barnsta said:
hello there

i have had some memory probs recently, please could someone post some nice memory timings for a newbie please that best suits my memory for this board. also please tell me which memory setting i change in the bios ie. tRAS - tRCD - tRP - CAS etc. as corsair reccomends 2-3-3-6 but i am not really too sure where to put each timing!

thanks loads
2 = CAS (tCD)
3 = Ras to Cas Delay (tRCD)
3 = Ras Precharge (tRP)
6 = Cycle Time (tRAS)

I usually just set the Bank Cycle Time (tRC) to 11 and be done with it.

Associate
bilston said:
2 = CAS (tCD)
3 = Ras to Cas Delay (tRCD)
3 = Ras Precharge (tRP)
6 = Cycle Time (tRAS)

I usually just set the Bank Cycle Time (tRC) to 11 and be done with it.

great thanks, i notice there is another setting in bios for TRRD, what value should i put that at?

hey i see on your post u r from goring, i am from wallingford or wallywood as we like to call it!

thanks for your help

Associate
barnsta said:
great thanks, i notice there is another setting in bios for TRRD, what value should i put that at?

hey i see on your post u r from goring, i am from wallingford or wallywood as we like to call it!

thanks for your help
I just stuck that at 2. I am at 2,2,2,5 got it running over 3.3v though :D

From Goring-by-sea, west sussex. Not Oxfordshire ;)

Back
Top Bottom