The ASUS Rampage V Extreme Thread

Associate
The BIOS time is a complete novelty feature. It's poorly worded, the OS has no way to know how long the system takes to train and POST before hand off.

I'm not massively bothered by the BIOS post time, it was the fact the system was taking an age from boot to desktop and then even longer to actually work. For example opening chrome and beginning to browse would result in chrome exiting after a few seconds.

Few reboots and cmos clearing seems to have worked and I've gone back to Firefox so chrome can go hide and die in the taskbar area.

Soldato
Never had a problem before and this is the first time I've reverted a bios since the Rampage IV Extreme.

Lock ups shouldn't need to be circumvent on a stable / default system. There aren't any general reports of lock ups on that UEFI so logically one should relate it to instability due to overclocking. Memory and general stability should be tested when updating the UEFI. It's likely some changes to either the microcode or auto parameters for memory could cause instability. Using flashback to go to an older UEFI may well fix the instability for just that very reason.

Associate
To the owners of the Asus RAMPAGE V , there are 2 versions, one is a normal version one is a USB 3.1 version!!

Price difference is £50

So apart from the USB 3.1 add on card thats bundled in with the errr, 3.1 version, Is there any other difference??

Seems 50 quid price difference just for a USB 3.1 riser add on card is steep, cant see anything on google...

Im wondering that there must be something else that different, i.e new updated bios or new chips ect???

Man of Honour
OP
To the owners of the Asus RAMPAGE V , there are 2 versions, one is a normal version one is a USB 3.1 version!!

Price difference is £50

So apart from the USB 3.1 add on card thats bundled in with the errr, 3.1 version, Is there any other difference??

Seems 50 quid price difference just for a USB 3.1 riser add on card is steep, cant see anything on google...

Im wondering that there must be something else that different, i.e new updated bios or new chips ect???

You're just paying for the USB 3.1 Type-A (Dual) card. An early version of the bios (1302) provided support for the card. There is nothing extra. You can always buy the card by itself and save yourself some money.

Associate
You're just paying for the USB 3.1 Type-A (Dual) card. An early version of the bios (1302) provided support for the card. There is nothing extra. You can always buy the card by itself and save yourself some money.

well i 1st bought the normal version, clearance, and it came with a missing oc device, cables and a bent cpu pin, peed me off so much i didnt like it so i got the newest 3.1 version brand new, I compared the actual board and bits, looks exactly the same, I can only tell that the packaging is a bit different, it has a 3.1 usb card and the pattern on the heatsink on the mobo is different, thats it so far

Associate
Yes i am having the same problems!!! made a thread earlier new reformat and i still have been having some problems

I'm on 1901 at the moment, it's slightly better than 1801 but I'm going to have a clean up and take rig apart and clean waterloop and do a fresh install this weekend. It's not slow by any means, 5930k with this mobo and Titan X would take a virus or worse for it to run slow but I've noticed a decline in using chrome, firefox and have had my first BSOD in months since moving from 1701 as the latest 2 BIOS versions haven't been able to stay stable at 4.5Ghz.

Will do the fresh install over 1901 BIOS and see how I get on.

Soldato
Seeing as the Deluxe thread is dead, I thought I'd post this here.

TridentZ 4x8GB 3200Mhz 14-14-14-34 1.35v @ 13-13-13-36 1T 1.4v on X99 Deluxe / 5960x

(QVL listing for this kit is Z170 only so can't guarantee people will see the same results without the proper tuning on this platform)

1 Hour Google Stress App stable

e1yuhcW.png

Back
Top Bottom