The ASUS Rampage V Extreme Thread

Soldato
So the third PCIE slot suddenly went on my RVE. Watching TV sudden black screen and driver crashed. pc restarted with only 1st slot running. Thought GPU might have died so switched them over still the same problem. Switched GPU's into slot 1 and 2 and they ran fine. Also re-seated the GPU's in that slot quite a few times to nothing. blew it out incase of dust or anything and still nothing. Also tried backup bios and still nothing. Dead slot :(.

Luckily i have a spare board to use while I RMA, very cheap as its quite a dodgy board. Wont overclock, wont change RAM voltage, wont update bios past 1103 and every time i have to press the safe boot button to get it to work. But its better than nothing lol, it will serve its purpose untill my RMA is done :).

And both GPU's work fine now.

EDIT: Well, as my item was in 1 year warranty and purchased from amazon themselves. I explained my fault. They created me a new return label to return my faulty board. Not only this but they also ordered me a new board which will be here tomorrow. What can I say. Just Wow...

EDIT: new board replaced and working perfectly. happy :).

Last edited:
Associate
What kind of OC have people got with the board (mainly 5930k) I can get 4.4 @ 1.275 and 4.5 @ 1.300 however if I want to get the RAM to 3000mhz then I need to run 4.5 @ 1323.

1.323v should be fine and cause no damage to the chip in the long term but I've rarely seen 4.6 stable apart from the odd forum with an image that looks like they just managed to get to CPUID before BSOD.

Anyone got any good volt/clocks?

Associate
I have today bought an 8 way 4 pin PWM splitter as gone to bigger rads. Because I can't connect (so I'm led to believe) more than one fan to the CPU header. I will have nothing to connect to this header.
So can some body please tell me how to stop the inevitable CPU fan error on boot.

Soldato
I have today bought an 8 way 4 pin PWM splitter as gone to bigger rads. Because I can't connect (so I'm led to believe) more than one fan to the CPU header. I will have nothing to connect to this header.
So can some body please tell me how to stop the inevitable CPU fan error on boot.

There is usually an option in bios to stop monitoring cpu fan - you need to select that.

Associate
Last edited:
Associate
Didn't notice that when I updated. I hope it is just the date that is incorrect. The bios looks to be ok and I have the questioned the date validity on the ASUS X99 forum.

I haven't had any issues so far, Windows seemed to take slightly longer to boot up though. Reflashed the BIOS with the same 1801 update and seems to have sorted itself out. Might see if I can get any better OC, I can get 4.5 @ 1.3 but haven't really tried pushing beyond that. Though that was through BCLK at 125 to have memory running at 3000.

Man of Honour
OP
I haven't had any issues so far, Windows seemed to take slightly longer to boot up though. Reflashed the BIOS with the same 1801 update and seems to have sorted itself out. Might see if I can get any better OC, I can get 4.5 @ 1.3 but haven't really tried pushing beyond that. Though that was through BCLK at 125 to have memory running at 3000.

Is it still the October date after the reflash?

Back
Top Bottom