The Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q – a 27” 1400p 144Hz Monitor with G-SYNC

Soldato
120hz or less i think

Yeah, i've been reading the thread on occassions, remember it only works with 120hz and Gsync disabled. Done that, just forgot still running ancient drivers! Remember someone saying you need the 340s.

Edit: Was the pulse rate best around the 20 mark? Forgot what people were saying, thread too long now to skim back.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone know why i can no longer select gsync since updating my drivers and still cannot enable ULMB in the OSD?

780ti classy and 340.52 drivers. Will clean and rerun them again, just weird. Don't want gsync, i want ULMB.

Soldato
Have you read post#1796?

Have you read post#2281?
About the 10th person to tell me to change to 120hz, it's never been off 120hz.

DDU my drivers, reinstalled 340.52, nothing.
DDU my drivers, installed 337.88, nothing.

337.88 were my previous drivers where GSync would show up in Nvidia control panel, now its vanished. I'll reiterate again, I'm not interested in Gsync, however it needs to be disabled for ULMB to work. I'm curious as to why the bloody thing has disappeared since updating drivers.

Any and all problems i get i instantly go PEBKAC, as it's easier to blame me...as let's face it, probably my fault. However, god it's annoying to be told the same thing...such a basic thing, 100 times over.

Soldato
Ah was just wondering if one was over-riding the other - your first screen of NVCP shows 2560x1440 @ 144hz :)

Edit: What are displays 2 & 3 on that screen? Could be causing some conflict?

Don
Have you read post#2281?
About the 10th person to tell me to change to 120hz, it's never been off 120hz.

DDU my drivers, reinstalled 340.52, nothing.
DDU my drivers, installed 337.88, nothing.

337.88 were my previous drivers where GSync would show up in Nvidia control panel, now its vanished. I'll reiterate again, I'm not interested in Gsync, however it needs to be disabled for ULMB to work. I'm curious as to why the bloody thing has disappeared since updating drivers.

Any and all problems i get i instantly go PEBKAC, as it's easier to blame me...as let's face it, probably my fault. However, god it's annoying to be told the same thing...such a basic thing, 100 times over.

Good luck, I am out.

Soldato
Ah was just wondering if one was over-riding the other - your first screen of NVCP shows 2560x1440 @ 144hz :)

Edit: What are displays 2 & 3 on that screen? Could be causing some conflict?

That page was a preview, not actual settings.
Display 2 & 3 are turned off, one is my TV to watch films the other is my old 120hz monitor, on the stand next to my new one.

Had them all one before and sync was working, since turned them off to help alleviate any conflicts :p

Soldato
I'm getting out of ideas tbh tone, do you have a spare ssd/drive about? Might be worth throwing a quick windows install on and then throw the drivers on and see what happens.

Windows getting messed up can cause some messed up happenings :(

Soldato
I'm getting out of ideas tbh tone, do you have a spare ssd/drive about? Might be worth throwing a quick windows install on and then throw the drivers on and see what happens.

Windows getting messed up can cause some messed up happenings :(

Sold my last to Nick :(
Got a couple of spare harddrives i could quickly do a 7 install on, really hoping i don't need to reinstall windows...only just got this setup how i like :(

Would honestly rather live without ULMB than do the above ^ :p

Soldato
Will try the cable tomorrow, gotta dig one out. Should be with my other 1440 monitor.
If no luck, then i'll get a W7 install put on a HDD. Can't see the cable being the problem, gsync worked prior to driver install, now disappeared.

Off to watch Doctor who :(

Back
Top Bottom