The Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q – a 27” 1400p 144Hz Monitor with G-SYNC

Associate
PCM2, it's the same :)

Yes, native res.

It does look that way.

The other monitors I had were TN and they didn't have this structure to them, I can make it out from where I'm sat.

I'm very light sensitive though so might notice it a little more than others. :(

Karlision, Can you take an image a bit further back? (I know it will be limited by your camera though at further distances). I am planning on getting this monitor but your 1st image makes it look really bad/obvious and a little concerned.

Last edited:
Associate
http://s17.postimg.org/o1y3rgx7z/unnamed.jpg

You are right, my phones camera is bad.

This is from roughly where my head would be whilst gaming.

I think I'm getting used to it now, having just had a 6 hour session.
I've tried the g-sync DIY kit 1080p monitor too, (didn't have this issue) but I found the PWM on that hard to swallow; it gave me constant headache's (I actually took it back the day this got announced), My eyes can still sense ulmb mode flickering on this monitor, but it's a lot lot better than the light boost hack on prior monitors I've had, the 3d mode does flicker more than my old benqxl2420t and with this strange structure of pixels it does make it look worse, most painful for me in the brightly lit area's. Inconsistent light bothers me much though. I always seem to see more flicker than others can.

I had the Asus 4k Monitor too, which pixel wise was a lot better. Because I'm a gamer I like this monitor more, no contest really. :)

Last edited:
Associate
Mine arrives tomorrow. Good turn around from OcUK as always. Will report back tomorrow when I've had a chance to play around with it.

Really looking forward to it I hope it's worth it in the end. It's a huge purchase for me.

Associate
Mine is due to arrive within the next hour. So excited! I'm by no means an expert on monitors but I'll try give some meaningful feedback ASAP.

I have a BF4 and Tomb Raider session planned for this afternoon to test it out.

@WesleyBurns : Maybe there's no feedback from buyers as they are too busy playing games on it :)

Associate
I've been playing about with the 3d mode some more.

The black lines are way more evident when using this mode, and I can clearly see them from afar.

Below is a close up shot of the monitor in stereoscopic mode (sorry about the hair; I have 4 fluffy cats and it's summer) showing the image looks to be made out of strips, as I get further away my camera loses focus and it looks better because of the blur.

20140826_121125.jpg

http://s11.postimg.org/45yzvh2ar/20140826_121125.jpg

Another thing I found out is that the light boost introduces quite a bit of flicker (loads for me); Which means, I'm not using it (hopefully reducing the impending eye strain I will feel waking tomorrow)

I find the same thing happens in any refresh rate or res.

I have used this monitor in g-sync in the following games: PVZGW, TR, TF, Autogrid, WD, Crysis 3, Metro LL.
I have also tried the g-sync demo.

With 2x680's 2gb editions. i7 4790k @ 4.6ghz

Every single one of these games plays and looks great maxed without AA. (except TF where bloom and lens effects flicker like crazy, might be an sli issue.

Some of these games ran better in 1440p than my 1080p old setup ran 1080p with identical settings.

With the g-sync demo I ran the test image and found that g-sync is more constant(doesn't flicker either side) but there is a blur in front and behind the green line as it passes from one side of the screen to the other(faster it moves, the more blur, turning OD to extreme decreased the blur a little).

I also found that if the monitor is not tilted down the top darkens a little.

TR looks absolutely awesome on the monitor has to be said :)

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Hi there

50pc more arriving later today, expect them to sell again fast! :D

Then we have 150pc more arriving end of this week.

OcUK is absolutely owning this, getting so many units! :)

Associate
Have a problem right now, when my games switch to g-sync monitor is cutting out and out of range is showing. Hoping a system restart will fix it :(

Restarted, now it's not recognised as g-sync display -.-

Changed res down to 1080, and refresh to 120hz, still out of sync, works fine when g-sync is disabled.

I think 'master' also had the problem in this thread, waiting for an updated Nvidia driver was the solution?

I don't understand it. It was working perfectly fine, I just went out to pick my bike up and came back and now it's not working. FML.

Powering the monitor off did not work.
But taking the display port cable out and putting it back in did, unless it just happened to coincidently work this time.

Now that it has been fixed NVidia demo now switches instantly between Sync modes where as before it would freeze for 5 secs, strange. :)
*shrug, working now, panic over :F

Last edited:
Associate
I've had that issue the other night, G-Sync option had disappeared from the nvidia control panel too but I think the game (Dota2 at the time) was still trying to go into g-sync mode (the LED was flashing between red/white) which caused the out of range error, I had to pull the plug on the power brick for the monitor so it fully restarted and it worked from there :)

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Load of stock just landed, all but 20 are gone. if you want one, best to wade in whilst we have free stock available.

Back
Top Bottom