The Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q – a 27” 1400p 144Hz Monitor with G-SYNC

Associate
just chiming in here:

my setup:
i7 3770k @ stock
factory OCed Gigabyte GTX680 with 4GB VRAM
primary screen PG278Q
secondary screen Eizo EV2736

i've had the screen since the 25th August, so for a week. been running it at 120Hz in games and desktop mode several hours every day. secondary EIZO runs at 60Hz (of course).

no problems so far (knock on wood), no flickering, no blur.

games i've tested:
90% of the time - Planetside 2
Skyrim
Guild Wars 2
Diablo 3 (doesn't run with G-Sync)
Firefall
Elder Scrolls Online
Hard Reset
Shadow Warrior

as i said, works like a charm so far, i have no need for 144Hz and since i do have a secondary screen, i want to avoid these high idle clock issues.

going to keep a close eye on it, fingers crossed, it stays as flawless as it is now

Soldato
Thanks for the feedback Skuko,

Thought it worked with diablo 3 now? but apparently you need to have it vsync on in game - if you have a moment can you test for me please.

Associate
*sigh* Been told I have to go to Asus directly for the dead pixel replacement as it's after three days, or place a new order. DSR time!

I was just reading the thread in Latest News and Deals section at the bottom of the description it says this, and I quote...

"OcUK Exclusive Service: Warranty regarding dead pixels falls under ISO rules and as such dead pixels if very few are not an actual fault. But at OcUK we value our customers especially when spending such a large amount of money on what is a flagship gaming monitor. As such even if you only have 1 dead/stuck pixel and it has not gone after 3 days, we will class the monitor as faulty as exchange it for you at no cost to you. This service is exclusive at OcUK for Asus ROG Swift ONLY or other qualifying monitors!"

So why are you having to go direct to Asus?

Associate
Thanks for the feedback Skuko,

Thought it worked with diablo 3 now? but apparently you need to have it vsync on in game - if you have a moment can you test for me please.

i don't need to....tested both ways, G-sync just doesn't work. look at blizzard forums. apparently blizzard games use some sort of haxored windowed fullscreen instead of a proper fullscreen, hence no g-sync. i think it's the same with starcraft 2.

I haz 4090!
Don
Why? The deal is within 28 days of purchase, if you have a pixel issue that has persisted for 3 days, they will replace it, from Gibbo himself.

Exactly, but I'm still being told different by the support guys. Anyways this thread isn't to discuss order issues, I'll just keep stating my case.

Associate
I'm loving this monitor since I got my replacement, I have a feeling my first one wasn't right to begin with.

I'm finding that I have to check to make sure I'm set to 144hz, as many games fullscreen set themselves to 60hz. Some games have a 60fps cap as well it seems, especially with vsync.

However, without vsync, Dead Space 3 at 144hz is a different game!

Associate
Agree, games are just totally new again. I had to NZXT G10 my gpu to keep it cool and dead quiet as its now running at 100% and overclocked.:)

I have seen crysis 2 mess around with refresh rates, what i do is set the desk top to 120hz (to avoid card not idling when in 144hz) and then set the game to no vsync.

Somes games like tomb raider to set the rate exactly.

Wolfinstine will ONLY run at 60Hz, way to go John Carmack (and he endorses gsync!)

Last edited:
Permabanned
Does Gsync not add any input lag at all? judging by the tft central review and other reviews measuring the input lag of this monitor being so tiny i'd guess not, but I don't know if those measurements were done with Gsync being disabled at the time

OcUK Staff
Customer pointed this out to me today:-
http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R2GU...deID=340831031&store=computers#wasThisHelpful

Seems no matter how hard we try and how much we have improved since Caseking takeover we shall always have haters. Trust Pilot and Review Centre, we are now the highest ranked for service at those sites. :)

Everything 2-3 people say on there are un-true, we are here to help, plenty of 1 star reviews on the website and our price on the Swift is less than £30 above RRP, but we give FREE shipping on the entire order and that's a next day service. Zero dead pixel guarantee and we throw in latest Borderlands game, something of which our competitors do not offer. :)

Enjoy the monitors guys and our support guys are now fully aware of the special support on this monitor and if it works out we might introduce this level of support on other high-end monitors where like you our customer we agree when spending money on what is a flagship monitor it should really be defect free. :)

Back
Top Bottom