The Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q – a 27” 1400p 144Hz Monitor with G-SYNC

Caporegime
My stuck pixel has returned, with a little mate near him that I didn't spot before, noooooooo! Going to give it until Monday and then RMA it. One thing I have gotten over is the price - gaming is just brilliant on it. :)

Have you tried the obvious of wiping it with a microfibre cloth? I had a stuck pixel on a Acer many years ago and massaging the area fixed it but the same thing didn't work on an Asus VG278H sadly. Might be worth a shot.

@ suddenlyguns - Contact CS and let them know your issues. OcUK will sort it for you.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Apparently Overclockers don't want my money....

For the 2nd time now, my package after having been sent out is "On it's way back to Overclockers", according the DPD delivery status.

First time the reason was "packaging/invoice issue", so this time, assuming it's the same reasoning, then someone must be ******* with me. No way this happens twice in a row to the same customer like that.

Anyway, lets see if I'm just told to "reorder" again....

Not sure what other outlets are good for computer component shopping in UK, but I may have to find a new supplier, sadly.

DPD / Courier must be encountering some issue as we are obviously dispatching the item, yet it just comes back to us.

I need to get it investigated, so if you can email me and explain everything and I shall forward it to both the sales and returns managers, which should get this sorted for you.

[email protected] and I will get them to respond to you on Monday.

Associate
DPD / Courier must be encountering some issue as we are obviously dispatching the item, yet it just comes back to us.

I need to get it investigated, so if you can email me and explain everything and I shall forward it to both the sales and returns managers, which should get this sorted for you.

[email protected] and I will get them to respond to you on Monday.

Thanks, Gibbo.

I have sent you an email so hopefully we can get this sorted once and for all.

I haz 4090!
Don
Have you tried the obvious of wiping it with a microfibre cloth? I had a stuck pixel on a Acer many years ago and massaging the area fixed it but the same thing didn't work on an Asus VG278H sadly. Might be worth a shot.

@ suddenlyguns - Contact CS and let them know your issues. OcUK will sort it for you.

Yeah, they've actually disappeared now again on their own. I'll give it a few more days, the main one only seems to hang around for a few minutes after power on now. Not sure I can do without it whilst the RMA happens, I'll probably just keep it. I literally have to push my face right up to the monitor with it on a solid black / white background to see it anyways.

Caporegime
Yeah, they've actually disappeared now again on their own. I'll give it a few more days, the main one only seems to hang around for a few minutes after power on now. Not sure I can do without it whilst the RMA happens, I'll probably just keep it. I literally have to push my face right up to the monitor with it on a solid black / white background to see it anyways.

Cool. At that price mind, I would want no dead pixels and it is even worse when you know it is there, as you keep looking for it.

Associate
Just got back from my 250 mile round trip pilgrimage to OCUK for my replacement Swift.

Very happy so far, partly because it works, but also because they were so friendly and helpful. I've never encountered better service from a company, especially given that I made them unbox it to check for dead pixels etc while I was there!

Also, this screen seems to have much better colours than the last one. I'm thinking maybe I had a dud to begin with. I'll play some games when the mrs will let me and see if it's improved :)

Associate
It arrived, I plugged it in and Ermegerd!

I had an old Hanns G 27" 1080p bought around 2009 and the difference is night and day. The words that spring to mind are, stable, calm, smooth, gliding and clear. Games almost seem slower. The 144hz is nice in 2D as well, when navigating windows folders etc.

I don't understand all the technical aspects of this kit. All I know is, I've thrown an obscene amount of money at it and I am happy as hell.

Someone mentioned before about running Painkiller. I did this and it truly is amazing. So is Borderlands 2, Half-Life 2, Skyrim, Fallout etc.

Nice to hear and I think it may have been me about Painkiller :)
It's so crazy to have this ultimate flow in games, such clarity and responsivness is well, really crazy good :)

Well I allready talked to much, back to gaming on the WORLDS best monitor :D

Associate
I was going to order a LG34 95, but I might order one of these for my gaming PC, I have given my 24" dell monitor to my dad as his broke, and wait to see with my mac replacement, iMac or Mac Pro.

It does sound like it is really good.

Soldato
Just got back from my 250 mile round trip pilgrimage to OCUK for my replacement Swift.

Very happy so far, partly because it works, but also because they were so friendly and helpful. I've never encountered better service from a company, especially given that I made them unbox it to check for dead pixels etc while I was there!

Also, this screen seems to have much better colours than the last one. I'm thinking maybe I had a dud to begin with. I'll play some games when the mrs will let me and see if it's improved :)

Hope they knocked a bit off to help towards petrol costs!

Associate
Ordered Friday with all my X99 bits early(1ish), all shipped out...

Free delivery which was great.....however...

It's a Monday delivery which made me sad, really was looking forward to getting my hands on it for the weekend.

Guess a few more days won't hurt. :)

Associate
So had my Asus swift now a week nearly and wow I love it 1440p is awesome with 144hz going from 60hz for years just worth it for that and with g-sync just love it BUT for some reason I feel g-sync does have it problems could be me :) but in single player games love it g-sync awesome cant fault it in mmo like swtor or star trek online ect again perfect but I feel in fast game like BF4 I feel g-sync has lag like the movement look slower ect.

Every time I play with g-sync on and I turn down graphics to med so can hit 130fps so can use that 144hz I just play awful really really bad like if there is lag but like if g-sync isn't showing me it just super smooth picture but really all that lag shutter ect is there just hiding it from me cuz as you guys know it sync the frame but does it wait for the frame so I could be half frame out which = lag?
When I play with it off and use ULMB at 120hz yeah shutter and that but omg just a game changer play so much better and the game feels free like the mouse and the movements on screen and running look faster.

So any one playing on this monitor and on bf4 what your thoughts??

Kyle

X3T

X3T

Associate
For those people having problems running at 144Hz with an AMD graphics card, have you tried increasing the idle memory clock speed?

I seem to remember this being an issue when 120Hz monitors first appeared, and caused flickering. Of course this is probably a completely unrelated issue but it's worth a try!

Soldato
@Kyle, dont have bf4 but i have noticed that games that have a lot of variance feel better with gsync, where as games that are easier to setup for 120hz constant (and e.g. twitch shooters) are better with ulmb

Permabanned
You need to plug a cable into it from the PC to make it a hub so the other 2 "ordinary" slots work (how did you think it could be USB 3.0 without a USB 3.0 feed from PC)?

CB-090-AK_61893_350.jpg

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CB-090-AK&groupid=1929&catid=543

Looks near same as the printer cable version.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom