The Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q – a 27” 1400p 144Hz Monitor with G-SYNC

Associate
You need to plug a cable into it from the PC to make it a hub so the other 2 "ordinary" slots work (how did you think it could be USB 3.0 without a USB 3.0 feed from PC)?

CB-090-AK_61893_350.jpg

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CB-090-AK&groupid=1929&catid=543

Looks near same as the printer cable version.

It comes with one of these cables...

Associate
Any lower and I find the brightness is too low. I've had this monitor for weeks now and honestly prefer GSYNC in BF4 - I can maintain +100 frames but I just find the experience so much smoother.

Overall I found g-sync smoother and loved it but for some strange reason I feel in bf4 g-sync feels slower than ulmb and therefore for me I play worse. I even turn my setting to med just so I can hit 144hz or could just be me being noob :)

Soldato
I thought that at first but after using GSYNC for a while now - switching to ULMB is painful. Loads of tearing and the colors don't seem as good. Important things to think about are: Limit frames to 135, ensure mouse is polling at 1000hz and enable renderframesahead 1

Last edited:
Associate
Why limit the frames to 135 ? Can see the logic in the rest.... Really would like one of these, at the mo I have a Hazro WC overclocked to 90hz so smoothness is OK in BF4 ! It's the price point that makes me have flips in the belly....

Soldato
Does ULMB affect people with migraines ? as its essentially a strobeing affect

I've not got the Swift but used the Lightboost hack from Blurbusters on a BenQ for a few months before I swapped out for the Eizo. I found I got massive eyestrain if I played in the dark, it was a shock to me as I have no problem with 3D Vision, playing in pitch black etc usually. It's fine with a small light on next to the monitor though.

Associate
So how are peoples GPU's coping with this? I'm still rocking 680 SLi and it's the main thing putting me off buying the monitor. I just think 2GB VRAM just wont cut it at all.

Soldato
I would agree - 2GB of VRAM is not enough for this monitor. Depends on game ofcause but without any AA and minimal settings I'm hitting 2400mb in BF4. We should know more about the nvidia 8/9 series in the next week or so - might be worth waiting if you're thinking about an upgrade.

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah I'm going give it a month or so, see what happens. Then get myself an 880/980 (whatever Nvidia decide to call it) and this monitor ;)

Associate
Guys need advice, i am a nooby
How this monitor feels with Asus GTX 670 Direct CU ii ?
I wanna play World of Tanks with nice picture
Thanks

Soldato
Guys need advice, i am a nooby
How this monitor feels with Asus GTX 670 Direct CU ii ?
I wanna play World of Tanks with nice picture
Thanks

Based on this benchmark it should perform OK. The Asus monitor should perform very well when your frames are fluctuating assuming you don't have issues with enabling GSYNC.

I did some quick research and it seems the game has issues with CPU spikes so it's worth noting that you will need to address those issues (if you are bottle necked) to get a smooth experience.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom