The Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q – a 27” 1400p 144Hz Monitor with G-SYNC

OcUK Staff
How many are being sent back ?

Nearly 300 sold, had about 10 returned, 75% pixel issues, 25% faulty. RMA rate is well within expectations of any monitor, especially something costing £700.

On less expensive sub £100 stuff people rarely send them back if they have say 1 dead/stuck pixel as its within ISO guidelines and majority of customers buying cheaper monitors do not care.

However on something with an ROG stamp and at £700, it needs to be perfect!

OcUK Staff
Ive Trust messaged him about a week of two ago and got no reply, but i understand hes a busy man and must receive lots of messages.

I don't reply to trust, its supposed to be disabled. Simply as huge amounts come through it, or we need to find a way to divert it to a customer service/sales person who has time. My time is taken up keeping our products in stock and going to manufacturers and making deals happen.

Or trying to buy all of Europes ROG Swift monitor allocations. :D

Permabanned
To be fair I think Gibbo has already explained that as long as there is limited supply there will be no deals.

TBF I do know that as it was in reply to my requests but this is another new week and no harm in asking as it can change any time.

I am sure he can speak for himself. :)

It does not need be £620, I have a figure in mind that is my max fair limit.

Before too long these will be £600 and in stock everywhere.

OcUK Staff
TBF I do know that as it was in reply to my requests but this is another new week and no harm in asking as it can change any time.

They won't be in stock everywhere this year let alone soon.
We won't be moving our price this month, Asus are struggling to get us 50 units per week for rest of this month and sales run rates are higher than this.

Those waiting for £600 and in stock will be a long time.

Soldato
Love how 'Performance wise, my lips are sealed on how it compares to 780Ti, but of course 980 is quicker than 780 for sure!' is the same as 'Nvidia’s GTX 980 Maxwell Slower Than GTX 780 Ti & 8GB Model Coming Later' lol.

Associate
I posted speculating and then all these journalist take it as factual, lol.

No different from when 8 Pack's posts on the 290x not being "full fat" was enough for several "AMD prepares R9-295x to take back performance crown from Nvidia GTX 780Ti" articles.

OcUK Staff
Love how 'Performance wise, my lips are sealed on how it compares to 780Ti, but of course 980 is quicker than 780 for sure!' is the same as 'Nvidia’s GTX 980 Maxwell Slower Than GTX 780 Ti & 8GB Model Coming Later' lol.

980 if that what it shall be is faster than a 780 of course, how it performs compared to 780Ti well we shall wait and see.

Soldato

Gibbo has mentioned several times recently that the price WRT the RRP is being influenced by supply and demand - OCUK seem to have the most supply of late so they are charging a premium. Clearly what you and others who were previously moaning about price have in mind has no bearing on what the rest of us are willing to pay - otherwise there would be stock.

Associate
I don't reply to trust, its supposed to be disabled. Simply as huge amounts come through it, or we need to find a way to divert it to a customer service/sales person who has time. My time is taken up keeping our products in stock and going to manufacturers and making deals happen.

Or trying to buy all of Europes ROG Swift monitor allocations. :D

It was just in a thread you said to someone if they wanted to be future proof splurge on the titan black and as i am about to splurge, i wanted to make sure what you said was wright

2 titan blacks and 4k baby here i come (third TB to be added later ) lol

Soldato
3D performance.

Trine 2 would not work, it was flickering all over the shop.

Did batman arkham city, very very good 3D performance

The tell is when you die and you get the pure black background and a character taunting you like harlequin or the joker. This high contrast situation doesn't reveal any crosstalk.

Much better than my outgoing Benq XL2420T

very good monitor all round, for now, perfect

Back
Top Bottom