The Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q – a 27” 1400p 144Hz Monitor with G-SYNC

Permabanned
This looks like a winner, I have a VA and TN panel at home and whilst the VA has better colours and angles the TN is superior for fps.

Associate
Definitely going to buy one on release day to try out. But I fear it will be hard to keep up with the Eizo FG2421 which does very bright strobing backlight clarity with a great picture. Well, to be more precise my 3x Eizo portrait setup. I could not go back to TN portrait due to the viewing angle issues. Some people don't mind it though.

Soldato
Go check some of the other gsync threads, nvidia created and invested in it so they're locking it to nvidia (650ti or above). Amd have 'freesync' in the pipeline but it remains to be seen if and when this will catch on with monitor manufacturers and even then if it will be as good as gsync.

Soldato
Most are speculating anytime from the tail end of march through to may. Once specs are finalised I'd expect a more solid eta complete with pre order.

Soldato
Sold sold a thousand times SOLD!!!!

1440p - check
120hz+ - check
1ms - check
Gsync - check
3dvision - check

What more could I want :D

Tbh given how unique the monitor is, I think asus have been quite conservative when it comes to milking the cash cow. Given its feature set they could easily have charged $1000+

Wait a minute, isn't that a bit like saying ;

Ferrari 458 Spider - check
V8 engine - check
Budget tyres - check

:D

Associate
1440P @ 120Hz with G-Sync are the specs I've been waiting for, but that still doesn't make it a must-buy for me yet. Really need to see an improvement in blacks and banding over my current panel (which is average in those regards actually) before I shell out. Really keeping my fingers crossed though!

Soldato
Gibbo, any news on availability? You guys are going to make a fortune out of these monitors. Since going 120Hz it's been nothing but bleeding funds to keep up the latest and greatest. Adding 1440p to the mix .... I guess I'll be buying another 780 :D

Back
Top Bottom