The Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q – a 27” 1400p 144Hz Monitor with G-SYNC

Soldato
be interested to see - would like to replace my very aged 2407 Dell - lets hope TN has improved - as I've not seen a TN panel I'd replace even this S-PVA panel for yet :(

Soldato
Hmm, some conflicting news, on the ROG forum Asus seem to be suggesting it wont have 3d vision, though without the full thread the quote that has been dropped in could just mean that you cant have gsync mode and 3d mode active together

Last edited:
Soldato
No 3D vision on this, 3D not compatible with variable refresh so nvidia left it out entirely
The option would have been a nice touch

Interesting... so in future it will be a choice of 3D or G-sync?

Surely they could do something like "when 3D enabled, disallow G-sync"?

You know, I like 3D, but it's starting to prove to be a pain when it comes to screen choices, so am starting to lean towards dropping it.

Or maybe it's Nvidia i need to drop... at least AMD make multi screen setups considerably easier.

Soldato
Hmm, some conflicting news, on the ROG forum Asus seem to be suggesting it wont have 3d vision, though without the full thread the quote that has been dropped in could just mean that you cant have gsync mode and 3d mode active together

Hopefully just means no gsync with 3d (I wasn't expecting it anyhow). Hopefully in one form or another it is 3dvision ready, assetto corsa has been blowing my mind in 3d all weekend :D

Soldato
Hopefully just means no gsync with 3d (I wasn't expecting it anyhow). Hopefully in one form or another it is 3dvision ready, assetto corsa has been blowing my mind in 3d all weekend :D

I found surround was more mind blowing than 3D for AC. Brilliant.

3D + surround? Absolutely incredible.

Sadly I will be returning my 3 screens though :(

Associate
Thank you good sir :) I'll be joining Gregster here as an early adopter. I've been waiting forever for 120Hz 1440P and the fact this has GSync just makes it perfect. My Sammy 700D has served me well and is an awesome monitor, but this I cannot resist :D

Yup, I'm saving up my cash as we speak.

1440P is a must for me and although I'm happy with my DGM, 120hz AND g-sync is a complete win.

Associate
I wonder how much better this will be than my 30" Dell WFP3008.. not sure if I want to sacrifice 2560 x 1600 for 2560 x 1440 :( though what everyone is saying about how nice gaming looks with g-sync I am very tempted by this.

Caporegime
Having just read the ROG forums and in particular Vega's thread, I am somewhat disappointed in this monitor. It is confirmed that 3D isn't supported, so I assume that is even with G-Sync not running? If it is confirmed to work outside of G-Sync, that would be great but if it doesn't work "at all", I shan't be getting one :(

Edit:

Just read a little further and it appears that the Asus guy was wrong, as confirmed by another Asus guy and 3D is in fact supported. That's good news then and back on getting one :D

Last edited:
Associate
Just read a good article on blurbusters about gsync and it seems that all gsync monitors have the new improved lightboost but you cant use it with gsync on. Since 3D relies on lightboost then its safe to say that 3D and gsync cant work together.

Heres the link if you want a read http://www.blurbusters.com/gsync/preview2/

Caporegime
Got a link for the 3d confirmation greg? Just to ease my mind a little :D

Will certainly be at the front of the queue for one of these :)

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...tor-Discussion&p=361984&viewfull=1#post361984

No I was wrongly informed that the variable refresh rate would not support it. 3D Vision is entirely controlled by Nvidia and if they say it'll work it'll work. If you have the emitter, glasses and card it'll run.

I would still like to see 3D plastered over the box but seems it does work.

On a side note, I don't understand why TN panels (good quality ones's) get a rough ride. Sure the viewing angle isn't great but to me, the quality is fantastic when comparing my Dell IPS to my Asus 120hz.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I don't think people is criticising it because a TN panel, but more because of having such a high price for a TN panel- higher price than IPS, even IF the features are great.

Yer and it is the manufacturer cashing in on a new and limited market. I can well imagine prices dropping when there is more competition but I see your point.

Soldato
Caporegime
Sold sold a thousand times SOLD!!!!

1440p - check
120hz+ - check
1ms - check
Gsync - check
3dvision - check

What more could I want :D

Tbh given how unique the monitor is, I think asus have been quite conservative when it comes to milking the cash cow. Given its feature set they could easily have charged $1000+

Haha, a little price gouging never hurt anyone and early adopters know the score. Sure it will drop in price in time but live for today and **** tomorrow :D

Back
Top Bottom