Soldato
OP
Got lift?

Frontlift1.jpg

Frontlift2.jpg

Need to do the rear and fit bigger wheels now. :D

Soldato
OP
Aye, cos it was a proper repmobile before, wasn't it? :D Nice work mate.
When I got it, there were 3 matt black Baja's around here.

When I showed the Baja club, they thought it was a baja another member must have sold me. Not that unique looking tbh. The matt black thing is done to death on them.

Now it is distictively my Baja.

Soldato
OP
Have you actually been driving it much? Takes a bit of getting used to after the Coupe I reckon... ;)
Yer, I drive it all the time.

I use the bike to commute to work, and this is my 'round town' bit of fun.

Its very different to a coupe. In fact its very different to most things. But it works, sounds ace and is a lot of fun.

I should post a video of how it sounds now with the new exhaust. Much deeper. More like a harley.

Associate
When I got it, there were 3 matt black Baja's around here.

When I showed the Baja club, they thought it was a baja another member must have sold me. Not that unique looking tbh. The matt black thing is done to death on them.

Now it is distictively my Baja.

Oh I see. Forgive my ignorance of all things baja, I think I may have clapped eyes on two in my whole life. I meant the compliment.

Permabanned
I hated this when I first saw it. I think that it's really starting to look great now, though. I'd definitely have a go for fun :D

Soldato
OP
Can I just ask how much has it cost you so far?
Not an awful lot. (he says :rolleyes: )

Hmm let me think

£150 on replacing the ball joints. (at garage)
£100 on door cards and front coil overs
£40 on lights
£25 on new speakers
£75 on paint
£15 on sandpaper, brushes, rollers etc.
£45 on new window rubbers
£28 on the rear window cover.
£20 on aerials and
£6 on flag
About £50 on sparkplugs, leads, coil cover, manifold boots, fuel cap, oil cap, breather filter and fan belt.

So about £550 on top of the £1250 I paid for it.

Associate
Not an awful lot. (he says :rolleyes: )

Hmm let me think

£150 on replacing the ball joints. (at garage)
£100 on door cards and front coil overs
£40 on lights
£25 on new speakers
£75 on paint
£15 on sandpaper, brushes, rollers etc.
£45 on new window rubbers
£28 on the rear window cover.
£20 on aerials and
£6 on flag
About £50 on sparkplugs, leads, coil cover, manifold boots, fuel cap, oil cap, breather filter and fan belt.

So about £550 on top of the £1250 I paid for it.

Cheers, hopefully when I leave uni I'll be able to do something like this, awesome little cars. :D

Soldato
OP
Spent all day today painting the underside and repainting the exhaust. Turns out hammerite doesn't withstand high temperatures very well. ;)

I've never been so coated in paint. Hammerite is a pain to get off skin! Should keep the undersides nice and protected for a few years to come though.

Plus, for future reference, Halfords very high temperature 'Metallic Black' would be better labelled 'grey'. :mad:

Should have some MONSTER tyres coming soon. 33 inches. :eek:

Still havent been able to repair the broken windscreen though. :(

Caporegime
Oh I see. Forgive my ignorance of all things baja, I think I may have clapped eyes on two in my whole life. I meant the compliment.

i've never seen one at all in my life

i think i might have seen one on some police academy movie or something at some point, but never seen one in real life

I had to google what exactly a "baja" was when bugone first posted what he'd bought.

Btw, looking good now mate. Cant wait to see it with the new tyres to fill the arches.

Back
Top Bottom