The Battlefield 4 Thread 2015

Soldato
So who's downloaded Bf4 again after battlefail 2042? I've had some great games on golmund and pearl market. My 3080 does 140fps at ultra 5k. I'm loving the feel of the guns, map design, everything!!

Associate
So who's downloaded Bf4 again after battlefail 2042? I've had some great games on golmund and pearl market. My 3080 does 140fps at ultra 5k. I'm loving the feel of the guns, map design, everything!!

Played BF2042 for an hour then it got binned. Total insult to BF4 and previous games sadly. Back to BF4 for god knows how many years - how a BF game is supposed to be done.

Soldato
Played BF2042 for an hour then it got binned. Total insult to BF4 and previous games sadly. Back to BF4 for god knows how many years - how a BF game is supposed to be done.

I was playing BF4 up until 2042 released, I'm enjoying it but BF4 is always there ready for me.

is BF4 still alive? last i checked few weeks ago it only had like 5 servers with plaers but been enjoying BF1 a lot!

Soldato
The server I always used to play is alive and active, there is still a few thousand people online, it went up a lot just before 2042 released but it's died back now,

Associate
I brought BF4 years ago and just as I installed my PC died and that is how it stayed for 3 years as I have a LapTop for get by. Now my PC Tower has been rebuilt a few years ago I really want to get in to BF4 !
Any tips or suggestions for starting out in BF4 ! ?

V F

V F

Soldato
Is Punkbuster still a thing?

Wow, now I feel old. :cry: Initial release 2000; 21 years ago. I remember first encountering Punkbuster with Wolf:ET.

Associate
I've never uninstalled bf3/4/1/5.

Bf4 is a good game but the maps are pretty bad except the China rising dlc.

Bf3 has much better maps but I'm on 4k now so it doesn't work as there is no hud scaling and everything is too small so it's very difficult to play

Man of Honour
Is Punkbuster still a thing?

Wow, now I feel old. :cry: Initial release 2000; 21 years ago. I remember first encountering Punkbuster with Wolf:ET.

I still remember the first ever PunkBuster ban wave for Quake 3. So many people who'd been defended as "skilled" players and revered suddenly getting booted or never seen playing again.

Bf4 is a good game but the maps are pretty bad except the China rising dlc.

Pretty much all the BF4 maps are terrible really - too disjointed flow wise, sprawling unfocussed mess without a good natural flow to them or interesting enough terrain to give multiple dimensions to traversal as an alternative to a more focussed flow. Some like Flood Zone especially have really poor routes. Some of the maps are sort of redeemed by there being enough potential that at times you get great spontaneous set piece firefights but the rest of the time they aren't that enjoyable.

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
Oh so it was in Quake 3. I had forgotten. That was later on was it not? Punkbuster never came to Quake 3 until 2001? Punkbuster was sometimes a pain to update if it didn't update itself.

Soldato
Super fun, played few rounds got 30 kills, in first round, looks lovely at 4K ultra & 150% res so lik 5K total constant 100FPS doesnt move GPU is at 50% & CPU is at 5% :D Got love GOG

Back
Top Bottom