The Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol wndsr - such a troll :D I'm still enjoying BF4 allot. Just brought the Logitech G502 mouse so will be trying that this weekend. Had a fantastic game of Zavod last night where we literately turned the game around. I love getting the flag defender award :D That map just keeps on giving.

RE CTE - The community reaction to the latest map seems to be very positive. The map itself is totally massive and really pretty. Allot of BF2 vets are saying that this is the closest map they have seen to BF2 in a long time.

Let me know how you get on with the G502, I think you'll like it if the DPI buttons don't become an issue for you.

Happy birthday misschief! :)

I probably be on but..... it will be CTE to try the new map out.

Even with these new maps and all the improvements, I just can't play more than a 1-2 rounds now :(

Ah well I refuse to get CTE, I bought premium for early access. Not giving my SSD space to EA any more.

Shall probably catch up on some GoT tonight instead then.

As usual internet is looking ****, feel like just giving up on MP games with this connection :(

Sadly (for me anyway) DICE have made all these changes in CTE so now the game favours people with amazing connections *sigh*

Ah well I refuse to get CTE, I bought premium for early access. Not giving my SSD space to EA any more.

Shall probably catch up on some GoT tonight instead then.

PFFFFFFFFFT! Screw GOT, watch the first episode of S7 of SOA, AMAZING! :cool:

Will join in on the server. I usually just play on random ones or with a friend or two, but been a long time since I've played, so would be nice to join a community.

I'm guessing you all have the DLCs? I see it for £16 on the Mexican Origin store, may pick it up.

Thank you guys. :-)

I don't have space on my SSD for CTE but when I've tried it before I seem to be terrible. Like the game works better for me because of my old age. I don't have the reactions of you young folk now I'm 40. :-(

Vanilla, even Metro/Lockers I usually end up positive. When I play CTE I'm majorly negative.

Think I'm going to have to take a break from BF4 until the CTE Patch drops later this month - there's just so many bugs and little issues present at the moment that are ruining the gameplay for me. That's assuming the new DLC isn't so damn stupid and geared at scrubs that I quit the game entirely.

I've no idea where this "scrubs" thing has come from.

The SC42 in its current implementation is broke - the build everybody was playing was compiled the night before and had no testing. They copied / pasted some code and as a result it had a hidden explosion which broke it.

It can't damage armored vehicles, so tanks / LAVs etc.. it can't touch and thats why we have those hilarious videos of the SC42 pushing tanks out of the map.

Once fixed it will take 4 shots at range to kill infantry and 1 at close range .. its even less powerful than a tank canister shell and is not going to be very good at taking down choppers once the explosion gets removed.

There also appears to be a myth that the railgun is a lock on device because people have seen the crosshair beep and change colour. THis is because it needs to charge after you press the trigger. You have a humongous reload time, then when you do press fire you have to wait about 3 seconds before it does anything. It isn't a lock on weapon, and needs to be shot reasonably accurate. I say reasonably because it does have splash damage which means you don't need to get a headshot to one hit kill, but this is no different to the other 50 cal snipers. The railgun is a battle pickup just like those, so won't affect the balance. Plus you only get something like 9 bullets and stupid reload times.

Thank you guys. :-)

I don't have space on my SSD for CTE but when I've tried it before I seem to be terrible. Like the game works better for me because of my old age. I don't have the reactions of you young folk now I'm 40. :-(

Vanilla, even Metro/Lockers I usually end up positive. When I play CTE I'm majorly negative.

If your connection is anything like mine i.e. pretty **** especially when compared to BT, then that will probably be why.

CTE changes favour people with superior connections, much like valve's games i.e. CS:S/CS:GO. Main reason I don't even bother with CS now.

I still do well in CTE as infantry but definitely notice the difference between this and vanilla, people with a much lower ping just insta kill me.

Can't see myself playing the game much more anyway tbh.

Patiently waiting for H1Z1 and GTA 5........

When will CTE be available for non-premium owners? Will it be released as a patch for everybody?

Or will they do something cynical like release it with Final Stand to make us non-premium folk pay for it?

When will CTE be available for non-premium owners? Will it be released as a patch for everybody?

Or will they do something cynical like release it with Final Stand to make us non-premium folk pay for it?

you mis understand what CTE is

Its a community test environment for testing new releases on. They are currently testing the final stand DLC, but for the past couple of months the CTE servers have been testing the new big September patch update to the vanilla game.

That's now signed off and off for certification with MS and Sony etc. so the developers have moved onto final stand. People were playing operation wipeout the day after the code was built into a release. There was no internal testing done and they are getting the community to do it for them.

CTE wil always be a premium only feature to try and keep the community tight and to try and get the most productive people testing - the diehard battlefield community who have premium.

Not saying you're not diehard because you don't have premium - but at the end of the day this is beta testing. If they can get enough decent testers in open to premium only, enough to actually find bugs, they have no need to open this out to everybody.

If your connection is anything like mine i.e. pretty **** especially when compared to BT, then that will probably be why.

CTE changes favour people with superior connections, much like valve's games i.e. CS:S/CS:GO. Main reason I don't even bother with CS now.

I still do well in CTE as infantry but definitely notice the difference between this and vanilla, people with a much lower ping just insta kill me.

Can't see myself playing the game much more anyway tbh.

Patiently waiting for H1Z1 and GTA 5........

40/10 Fibre with Sky although I'm using Wireless 5Ghz bridges between my PC and the Sky Hub. I'm part of the testing team so can't change my Hub to anything else and don't want to run a cable. Ping times are usually mid-low 30's and I can pull 4.4MB/s through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom