The Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Wodgy,

Turn the MSAA off and use res. scaling instead + turn things like AA post and post processing off too. In all honestly, I find it very hard to notice the difference between ultra and high settings (only thing I would keep set to ultra are the texture and mesh quality)

On my PC, dx is unplayable so I have to use mantle:

DX

gL8pec9.png

Mantle

7wN0BYL.png

Associate
Wodgy,

Turn the MSAA off and use res. scaling instead + turn things like AA post and post processing off too. In all honestly, I find it very hard to notice the difference between ultra and high settings (only thing I would keep set to ultra are the texture and mesh quality)

On my PC, dx is unplayable so I have to use mantle:

DX

gL8pec9.png

Mantle

7wN0BYL.png

My fps is around 10-15fps lower with directx compared to mantle but i have no stutter issues.
Ill try this but cant see it making a difference.
I think a few people are still having stutter issues with mantle despite on average 60+ fps.
Regards.

Caporegime
The amount of suicide jeeps I see in random pubs is mental, a "tactic" that's now over 12 years old and was funny for about 5 minutes in BF 1942 still seems to be "the way to play" for some scrubs. :rolleyes:

Soldato
The amount of suicide jeeps I see in random pubs is mental, a "tactic" that's now over 12 years old and was funny for about 5 minutes in BF 1942 still seems to be "the way to play" for some scrubs. :rolleyes:

It's not a practice I condone, but like I said to someone who moaned about RPG on infantry usage: A kill's a kill, playa. Deal with it :p

The way people moan about being killed by methods they don't deem skillful enough is hilarious.

Associate
last week i downloaded a small bf4 patch through origin. at the end of the download at 100% it said update paused. when i tried to resume/finalise update it came up with update failed. i can log onto bf4 but not join any servers. all it comes up with is close task in task manager and that does nothing.
i attempted a game repair through origin. that gets upto 100% and then i get repair paused and it won't let me continue repair. then i get the same update failed message.
its doing my head in !!
any ideas ?

Caporegime
My fps is around 10-15fps lower with directx compared to mantle but i have no stutter issues.
Ill try this but cant see it making a difference.
I think a few people are still having stutter issues with mantle despite on average 60+ fps.
Regards.

Hmmm, strange, no stutter issues here especially since turning vsync on with a FPS cap of 59.94. Got the latest AMD drivers?

Have you got a user config created? If so, try these settings:

PerfOverlay.DrawFps 1
WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurFixedShutterTime 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurForceOn 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMax 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMaxSampleCount 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurQuality 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurRadialBlurMax 0
WorldRender.PlanarReflectionEnable 0
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapEnable 0
WorldRender.TransparencyShadowmapsEnable 0
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapResolution 256
RenderDevice.TripleBufferingEnable 0
GameTime.MaxVariableFps 59.94
Although since you won't be able to use vsync, change the 59.94 to either 80 or 90

Last edited:
Soldato
last week i downloaded a small bf4 patch through origin. at the end of the download at 100% it said update paused. when i tried to resume/finalise update it came up with update failed. i can log onto bf4 but not join any servers. all it comes up with is close task in task manager and that does nothing.
i attempted a game repair through origin. that gets upto 100% and then i get repair paused and it won't let me continue repair. then i get the same update failed message.
its doing my head in !!
any ideas ?

I had something similar a way back when 2nd assault came out. Try completely uninstalling the game and origin, then reinstall.

Associate
Hmmm, strange, no stutter issues here especially since turning vsync on with a FPS cap of 59.94. Got the latest AMD drivers?

Have you got a user config created? If so, try these settings:

PerfOverlay.DrawFps 1
WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurFixedShutterTime 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurForceOn 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMax 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMaxSampleCount 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurQuality 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurRadialBlurMax 0
WorldRender.PlanarReflectionEnable 0
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapEnable 0
WorldRender.TransparencyShadowmapsEnable 0
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapResolution 256
RenderDevice.TripleBufferingEnable 0
GameTime.MaxVariableFps 59.94
Although since you won't be able to use vsync, change the 59.94 to either 80 or 90

Can i just imput that in console?
Im not using 14.9 yet (still at 14.4 as ive heard bad things about it).
Maybe ill try that though.
Regards.

Caporegime
What kiwi said! If you don't like it or it causes problems, you can always just delete the user config file.

14.9 seems pretty good for me so far, no problems so far... *touch wood* If you do update your drivers, make sure you use display driver uninstaller first.

Caporegime
I like canister shell in my tank to blast jeeps to bits. But you give up your HMG sniper rifle :).

That's what I normally do, ****es me off though when you're engaged in a tank battle and some random noob manages to get alongside or behind you and kill you with a c4 jeep.:mad:

Associate
What kiwi said! If you don't like it or it causes problems, you can always just delete the user config file.

14.9 seems pretty good for me so far, no problems so far... *touch wood* If you do update your drivers, make sure you use display driver uninstaller first.

is the display driver uninstaller necessary as I thought it can just be updated through CCC or gaming evolved.
Regards.

Soldato
That's what I normally do, ****es me off though when you're engaged in a tank battle and some random noob manages to get alongside or behind you and kill you with a c4 jeep.:mad:

It seems to work pretty efficiently. What method would you prefer them to use instead?

Are you one of those guys constantly typing 'noobs' in the chat box whenever you get killed in a way you don't approve of?
Not having a go at you, just curious.

I imagine that the last thoughts going through a WW2 tank operator's mind as he got blasted by an improvised sticky bomb was "****ING NOOBS!!" :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
is the display driver uninstaller necessary as I thought it can just be updated through CCC or gaming evolved.
Regards.

Not "necessary", I just prefer to do it that way, only way to be sure that there will be no conflicts/issues :) + it only takes a few more minutes anyway :p

I imagine that the last thoughts going through a WW2 tank operator's mind as he got blasted by an improvised sticky bomb was "****ING NOOBS!!" :p

Lol'd! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom