The Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
As long in your head your gsync purchase is justified. :rolleyes:

When the next tech breakthrough comes out you'll probably make the same statement. :o

Your point was that if you can't perceive something it's not an issue which is wrong. Have you never brought a product or tried something that makes what you have seem totally insufficient? I once read that the human eye can not perceive more than 60fps but anyone who has played at greater than 60fps epically with a 120hz monitor will tell you different.

I don't need to justify my purchase of GSYNC, VSYNC has the same impact. Look if your happy with what you have then fine by me but saying there is not an issue because you don't notice it is totally backwards.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
man the TVRs are kicking my arse tonight, knew it was a bad idea to start the ball rolling at 5pm lol. Was meant to go out, few of these and I can't be arsed to move lmao.

In the past I couldn't play BF4 sober I'd get too worked up :S if I play in a bit it will be the first time in awhile I've played BF4 sober lol :|

Caporegime
Well tbh since the last patch, its a good bit better. But still not CTE smooth. The latter uses exclusive servers with a higher tickrate. Something we'll never see in vanilla bf4. Load up the performance overlay on CTE, its flat as a pancake. Vanilla bf4 its an up and down mess.

Associate
Could anyone recommend settings for an xfx r9 280 dd to maintain 60fps? Ive played around with it etc but isnt there some console command to maintain this depending on the graphics settings etc?
Regards

Soldato
Well tbh since the last patch, its a good bit better. But still not CTE smooth. The latter uses exclusive servers with a higher tickrate. Something we'll never see in vanilla bf4. Load up the performance overlay on CTE, its flat as a pancake. Vanilla bf4 its an up and down mess.

Sorry mate but that is just wrong. There is no higher tick rate in CTE which you can see on the netgraph by it showing it runs at 30 tick the same as vanilla.

Could anyone recommend settings for an xfx r9 280 dd to maintain 60fps? Ive played around with it etc but isnt there some console command to maintain this depending on the graphics settings etc?
Regards

No magic command for that. What CPU do you have because that can make a big difference as well and might mean that mantle is recommended over DX. Kinda need a bit more info to help.

Last edited:
Associate
Sorry mate but that is just wrong. There is no higher tick rate in CTE which you can see on the netgraph by it showing it runs at 30 tick the same as vanilla.

No magic command for that. What CPU do you have because that can make a big difference as well and might mean that mantle is recommended over DX. Kinda need a bit more info to help.

Using an fx8320 . I use mantle atm. Normally play with all ultra/high and 4x msaa. Fps anywhere from 40-70fps on 64man in high action areas.
I just want to find a sweet spot between great visuals and less fps drops.
Regards.

Caporegime

server issues at moment. ive told two main people to do with bf4. hopefully they sort it soon.

Caporegime
some servers are better than others. best to try some see what is decent for you. as with bf4 you never know what they will fix or break next. :p

Soldato
Using an fx8320 . I use mantle atm. Normally play with all ultra/high and 4x msaa. Fps anywhere from 40-70fps on 64man in high action areas.
I just want to find a sweet spot between great visuals and less fps drops.
Regards.

Drop it to 2xAA and/or overclock your card if you haven't already.

Could also try dropping AA and seeing how you get on with resolution scaling.

Associate
Drop it to 2xAA and/or overclock your card if you haven't already.

Could also try dropping AA and seeing how you get on with resolution scaling.

WIth directx it seems fine. Sure it's just a mantle issue then. I mean ive tried medium etc and still get random stutters even when fps has been at 80 and it happens quite frequently. I may just settle for directx.
Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom