The Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Scumbag battlepack

fumg4.png

Caporegime
I am using 69 (hor + 85) for both FOV settings.

And yup, bf 4 has proper 21.9 support so it looks great without needing to mess with tweaks etc.

Underboss
Picked out my new desk going with the Ikea Galant (L) desk. Going to get in the New Year sales, thing is huge.

Also going to invest in some led lighting strips for the back of the monitor to give off a nice glow on the wall.

My little den is shaping up quite well.

Caporegime
Nice table that Josh! I really need to get around to sorting my desk out, long overdue now, would just love to rip out this built in unit, it is so **** :(

And yup, LED strip lighting for the back of the monitor is amazing, it makes a nice difference, gives the perception of better blacks/contrast ratio + makes viewing the screen in dimmer conditions easier on the eyes.

I got this one.

Buys 21:9 monitor uses low FOV. Also I feel bad for you 60Hz peasants. Tried playing on my 60Hz screen today hahahaha horrid

I need the low FOV for sniping my targets with the HMG across the map! :p

hehe, that is why I will never use/try a 144HZ screen :D At least not until VA/IPS 144HZ monitors come about :p

Have decided I want the ultrawide 34" 1440 version now so waiting for the freesync versions (supposedly gsync feels super smooth with anything above 40FPS so hopefully it will be the same with freesync) coming out next year although if gibbo knocks the price of that 34" Samsung VA down much more.....

Last edited:
Caporegime
Buys 21:9 monitor uses low FOV. Also I feel bad for you 60Hz peasants. Tried playing on my 60Hz screen today hahahaha horrid
Tell me about it, still stuck on a 60Hz museum peice, (still a very good va panel though). Hopefully after xmas ill be going for a gsync 2560x1440 monitor. Yep therell be a serious drop in image quality but games will run a lot better.

Regarding FOV, ill have a play about later at 2560x1600.

Underboss
And yup, LED strip lighting for the back of the monitor is amazing, it makes a nice difference, gives the perception of better blacks/contrast ratio + makes viewing the screen in dimmer conditions easier on the eyes.

I got this one.

Exact one I was looking at think I may get one for the boy also.

What colours can it put out and are they bright enough?

Battlelog fine for me.

Permabanned
Picked out my new desk going with the Ikea Galant (L) desk. Going to get in the New Year sales, thing is huge.

Also going to invest in some led lighting strips for the back of the monitor to give off a nice glow on the wall.

My little den is shaping up quite well.

Look into Ardunio Ambilight with Playclaw, I tried it a few years ago with BF3 and it wasn't very reactive to changes in scenery but things may have changed since then for gaming. For movies it was brilliant.

Some inspiration
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic...t-atmospheric-lighting-behind-your-tvmonitor/

Underboss
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom