The Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
They still heel you afaik just they don't heal when you're suppressed anymore.

:eek: you did not just compare Woodford to oven cleaner :eek:. I may have to drink some oven cleaner if it tastes that good :D.

Caporegime
I've not noticed this and I tank a fair bit.

I think it's more the maps some maps are a nightmare to drive tanks around like Silk Road so many slippery bits and steep hills even under boost. I've had a quick look at server documentation and it doesn't mention vehicle speed (not to say it doesn't exist just its not officially supported).

The thing is it seems to occur on the same map, 1 server i'll play a map and the tanks feel more responsive. I'll play the same map on another server and they immediately feel noticeably more sluggish and takes them far longer to get around. Always assumed it was some sort of server setting to increase friction on them or something. :confused: I normally only play in tanks so its very noticable.

Caporegime
You sure you aren't getting the US and RU tanks mixed up? US tanks suck massively when it comes to acceleration.

Never thought about it that way since that kind of thing is generally a copy and paste for mechanics. I play golmud a lot and its only the odd server that has the us in that map. Might have to have a look later and see if its only the abrams that seems to be affected.

Caporegime
Pretty sure that will be why. I hate the US tank, I do so much better with the RU/t90 tank.

The other main difference is the US tank's larger size and massive ass puts it at a disadvantage against infantry and possibly stop you from getting into certain buildings/areas.

I also prefer the aim markers/view/hud in the T90, find it much easier shooting aircraft down with it.

Same goes for all other vehicles tbh, they all have certain advantages/disadvantages.

Caporegime
Sure thing! :D

Can't say I have noticed any difference with the new drivers in bf 4 but then I use mantle with everything on low/off except mesh so never drop below 90 fps

Underboss
up for a few games too havent played new maps yet and wanna try out new ATI omega drivers...

Josh nexus msg me on BL when ur playing!

Will do, I can't begin to imagine the rage we will get it if have you, patsy, xin, nex and the rest of us in a server. My word.

Well a little system update for you, much laughs expected I am sure.

Every day when I cold boot my system be it 8am on 6pm it would run for 10mins or so then restart, the BIOS screen would pop up and tell me "Something went wrong" - so there is me, reseting to default everytime, then reapplying my OC, then stress testing it, then thinking it's fine that's odd. But then this happens every day.

First I thought dud cpu, then I thought dud mobo, then I though dud PSU. Onto google to see if it is a reported problem. Well blow me down, Windows 8 has a feature called Hybrid Shutdown, the PC kind of holds itself in suspended animation. Turned that **** off asap and has been fine since.

Why oh why would MS put a feature like that in an OS, silly thing.

But as I never had this with my AMD rig I have been secretly pulling my hair out for 3 weeks.

In reality it was a dud user. For a guy who works in IT for the Government that was slightly worrying. :D

Inb4 noob memes and old guy deleting his "Computer" gif.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom