The Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBH, BC 2 maps would not work in this game, at least for the rush side of things, too many grenades, gadgets etc.

Why reward EA/DICE for banning you by giving them money?! :p

Will update my BF name etc. later tonight.

Depending on what this is like, I may or may not be on for a day or so! :p

Oh and remember what I said on TS the other night......

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news_archive/32.htm#acer_xr341ck

vwMin.gif

There might be a freesync version coming too.

TBH, BC 2 maps would not work in this game, at least for the rush side of things, too many grenades, gadgets etc.

Why reward EA/DICE for banning you by giving them money?! :p

Will update my BF name etc. later tonight.
Tbh Nexus, rush just doesnt work in bf3/4 full stop. Particularly when compared to bfbc2's rush. Some of the larger maps like oasis, harvest day would work well for conquest. Also liked the jungle style maps in bfbc2.

Monitor wise, im looking at either the swift or the acer predator ips gsync screen. Both are similair in price. Think the monitor on my old system has had it, so the benq in sig will end up being it's replacement.

The predator looks great just waiting on a review. Until then I'm staying on the dell u2415h.

Despite nexus championing bigger screens I'm finding my loan one awkward to use at the moment. Just doesn't feel right I'm not sure why.

Regarding the maps I don't want any BF3 maps updated. If people want to play seine crossing or Damavand Peak they can go and do so in BF3. I would much rather see maps from BC2, BF2 and maybe even a precursor to a couple of 2142 maps in the game. I have a suspicion though that lots of people voted for Nosehair and the marketplace map who's name I forget and that is what we'll get. Would much prefer, say, Dragon Valley, Daqing Oilfields and Kubra dam for example.

Yup, I don't really want any previous bf maps now tbh, this game has too much **** in it that would make previous great maps just absolute **** i.e. imagine bazaar with the ucavs, hundreds of grenades/explosives etc.

The predator looks great just waiting on a review. Until then I'm staying on the dell u2415h.

Despite nexus championing bigger screens I'm finding my loan one awkward to use at the moment. Just doesn't feel right I'm not sure why.

What screen are you using?

Give it a week or 2, guaranteed you will find anything less than 27" too small to use ;)

Does it make black look a deeper black? If so...I'm in, £800 or whatever for a monitor with more emersive blacks - wow, I'll take 3! pfttt

Also that game looks crap, why the current "lets make a crafting" game - they all fail.

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT to you!

You enjoy your "light grey" blacks & washed out colours then! :p

Although it is VA you want for the proper blacks ;)

It is likely to be £900+ although if a freesync version comes, it should be a decent bit cheaper than the gsync one, personally I can't see acer doing a free AND g sync version though so I might have to jump back to nvidia!

I quite like some of these crafting games tbh, loved the forest but stopped playing due to the save getting wiped with every new installation..... it is something different for me anyway!

Tbh Nexus, rush just doesnt work in bf3/4 full stop. Particularly when compared to bfbc2's rush. Some of the larger maps like oasis, harvest day would work well for conquest. Also liked the jungle style maps in bfbc2.

Monitor wise, im looking at either the swift or the acer predator ips gsync screen. Both are similair in price. Think the monitor on my old system has had it, so the benq in sig will end up being it's replacement.

Yup, bf 3 and 4 rush is pure **** compared to bc 2. Spent my entire time playing only rush in bc 2 where as bf 3 and 4, it is pretty much conquest large only.....

And yup, the variation in bc 2 maps is far better than BF 4 and especially BF 3.

TBH, I really don't see any point of getting a swift now with IPS 144HZ g/free sync screens coming unless:

- you can get one for really cheap
- must have amazing motion clarity

Damavand peak was a terribly thought out map for conquest imo, the tunnels were too much of a chokepoint. Like the ticket hall in metro but with a few vehicles. I enjoyed canals for tdm, but for conquest the bf2 maps you describe MissChief are the type i want to see. Big outdoor combat is what the bf experience should be. Not cod stuff like metro, lockers.

Yup, bf 3 and 4 rush is pure **** compared to bc 2. Spent my entire time playing only rush in bc 2 where as bf 3 and 4, it is pretty much conquest large only.....

And yup, the variation in bc 2 maps is far better than BF 4 and especially BF 3.

TBH, I really don't see any point of getting a swift now with IPS 144HZ g/free sync screens coming unless:

- you can get one for really cheap
- must have amazing motion clarity
Played mostly rush on bc2 as well, much more enjoyable than the new games. Yet i hated cq on it, love it on the later games.

Ive managed to scrape together £500.00 or so this week, (wee lottery win helped). So in a few weeks time, all being well ill be ordering a new monitor. Though id like to see a few reviews of the ips predator first. The response time is something that concerns me. And this will be my first monitor purchase in 7 years, so i dont want to spend this sort of money without some info first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom