The BBC..... Really

Soldato
Totally biased on so many subjects. They were/are a staunch supporter of the Remain campaign, they were also a fervent Clinton supporter during the recent American elections. They way that they leapt at Trumps many faults yet hardly mentioned Clinton's email fiasco.

I noticed this as well, it was so blatant

Caporegime
Have a watch of this and it will give you a good idea of where the BBC stands
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b087vhpz/revolting-episode-1

Just because they commission 1x show like that doesn't mean the entire BBC is biased.

I watched Charlie brooker screenwipe and he is obviously left wing but it's still funny and doesnt mean the entire BBC is biased.

In fact if the left think the BBC show right wing bias and the right think they are left wing biased, then they are probably in the middle and as unbiased as can be

Last edited:
Soldato
Of course there is a left wing bias at BBC, it's what happens to any organisation whose members are highly educated, must comply to a rigurous code of conduct and work based on evidence and empirical data.

It's the same with universities, research institutes, human/animal rights NGOs. Highly trained, intelligent people lean towards the (modern) left.

Caporegime
I've seen them use propaganda.

Before brexit on northwest tonight they decided to run a feature on Italian nurses in the NHS and how great they are.

Never have I seen them decide to run a feature on why drug culture is so pervasive in Asian culture or why the local towns such as Oldham etc have such a high ethnic population and the slums that this brings.

Soldato
When Trump won the election the first reported congratulations that was on screen was that from Marine Le Pen. I'm pretty sure that wasn't the first official recognition but it did make me question the bbc standing..

Soldato
When Trump won the election the first reported congratulations that was on screen was that from Marine Le Pen. I'm pretty sure that wasn't the first official recognition but it did make me question the bbc standing..

They did the same after brexit.

"Look at all these evil right wingers clapping for brexit!". Totally ignoring any of the moderate people agreeing with it.

The main reason leaving the EU and Trump won, is because people are fed up of career politicians. They tried everything to oppose it/him, but no one is listening to anything they say any more and they want to try something new. Even if it is a bit blonde and crazy :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
Fairly well centered but slightly right leaning to try and please the mouth-foaming biggots. They keep getting in rouble fir trying to present "balanced" arguments instead of stick to the texts, like with Brexit they were quite lop-sided in giving positive opinions about leaving the EU . They really need to stick to hard facts and experts rather than pandering to the alt-right

Last edited:
Soldato
The BBC are definitely biased in some regards, Pro-Remain, Pro-Hillary are the big one's for me this year. I'm also bored to tears of the political correctness, every day has to have a new article of something slightly good a woman did, or how there was some sexism on the internet. Yawn.

And

And

Associate
This. Checks and balances on government, which as a journalist of 20 years myself is what the media is there for, not to effectively decide the outcome of elections and the political agenda. Which is why the Murdoch Sky takeover should not happen, that man's done enough damage to this county since 1979.

It is definitely left of most media outlets, but that is because most media is very right leaning.

Soldato
This. Checks and balances on government, which as a journalist of 20 years myself is what the media is there for, not to effectively decide the outcome of elections and the political agenda. Which is why the Murdoch Sky takeover should not happen, that man's done enough damage to this county since 1979.

Who's likely to stop him, his friends in government? I'm sure he wants payback for all the half-truths and lies his rags spout whether it's at election time or throughout the Brexit campaign.

Back
Top Bottom