The best thermal paste to get?

Soldato
Saw the video spat my tea out as soon as i saw the temps that super paste hit as soon as he started cinebench. Lol
Cant believe the company that made the stuff didnt even do any in-house testing just total shame on them.

Soldato
Proved itself to be useless for 3d printers too. If it cant handle low temps it's gonna fail on higher temps too

It sounds like it's really not designed for that as it's primary purpose... It's completely the wrong sort of material for cpu cooling, it looks like it's used/designed to be effective at much higher operating temperatures than you'd ever want to see a CPU at?

"Application:
- mold release;
- detaching and protective for high temperatures (up to 2000 °C), accelerates dismantling of connections operating at high temperatures, anti-stick coating;
- thermal conductor, including for more effective heat distribution in 3-d printers' hot blocks, reducing clogs and making removing nozzles easier;
- facilitates cutting of hard materials, extends the service life of cutting tools, provides a lower operating temperature. "

Last edited:
Associate
I had used Noctua NT-H1 until recently is the H2 variant worth the extra money? On the 10g tube £10 extra seems a lot, is the performance worth it or best to stick to H1 tube instead. Or is this just branding exercise and move to something else.

Soldato
I had used Noctua NT-H1 until recently is the H2 variant worth the extra money? On the 10g tube £10 extra seems a lot, is the performance worth it or best to stick to H1 tube instead. Or is this just branding exercise and move to something else.

In my opinion, the best thermal paste is whatever you have in your spares.
Ten grams is a lot, so unless you're going to use it I'd maybe get a smaller amount.

Soldato
I've been using Thermalright TF8 on 2 systems I built 2-3 years ago. Still working great.

As others have said, all the top TIMS perform about the same (within 2c of each other). What makes more difference is how good the mounting seat is. The better the seat the better, the heat transfer, the lower the temps.

Back
Top Bottom