The Big WWE Wrestling Thread

Soldato
tbh Nakamura has had the same "treatment" too, especially with him dropping the belt Saturday after not holding it for long, having them come in together and start destroying people, as you said, may be a good idea!

Missed the Rumble last night, had planned to watch it on the Network before Raw then saw about the India thing up above... :(

Soldato
As I have said before I would love to see Joe/Styles be part of a faction against the "Disrespect. burying and holdback of ex/non WWE Indie talents" Those guys are money. Actually another guys that could join them would be Ziggler and maybe even Zayn or Cesaro.

Caporegime
Undertaker seemed to have gained some weight, looked pretty pudgy around the neck and gut. Entire ppv was pretty much a yawn-fest, Rumble wasn't bad but not great either, bringing Reigns out as the number 30 and not some surprise entrant was a pretty bad way to cap it off.

Soldato
A few things about the Rumble-

Why was the ramp so long? Most guys were knackered before they got to the ring!...It looked comical
random time between entries was even more obvious than usual
Strowman still looks so unsafe imo.
Jack Gallagher was pretty cool.
Tye Dillinger at 10 was good.
Lesnar was wasted. Taker looked old
Wasting spots - Enzo and Apollo Crews were far too late.
I liked the Ellsworth/Ambrose bit.
Good performances imo- Zayn, Corbin, The New Day had some decent spots.
The only way they can make Orton winning ok is if Reigns is in there:o

Overall I thought it was a poor rumble imo. Got better towards the end, but then Roman killed it. If 30 were Finn or Samoa Joe it would have been a completely different story.

Soldato
Whuuut? It wasnt even the match of the weekend, Roode vs Nakamura was way better. The Cena match wasn't terrible but pretty predictable.

On the main roster I mean. It was a great match. The array of moves from both competitors, the reversals, near pins and submissions and the pure talent on show was brilliant.

Sooo Joe on the main roster, about flipping time but please don't just use him as HHH's lapdog!

Caporegime
Its amusing wwe are still attempting to push Roman Reigns as the new top guy despite the fact he's been getting booed out of the building for over a year. So much for "listening to the fans" and "doing whats best for business". Then again Cena has been getting hostile receptions for years now and because he sells a lot of merchandise they never change his character any, "doing whats best for business" = doing whats best for their bank balance, ratings and fans be damned.

Last edited:
Soldato
Vince McMahon likes big sweaty men! Vince McMahon likes big sweaty men!... :D

And what does JBL like? :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o :p:p:p:p:p:p The guy certainly doesn’t lack for food given all the egg on his face!

I have to say I haven’t watched much wrestling in 2016 but I was looking forward to this rumble match but boy WWE must have some ex AMD employees working for them because they sure know who to underwhelm given they had an opportunity to deliver the best RR for over a decade.

The singles matches were all very good IMO especially Cena/Styles but the RR itself failed to deliver. For starters the seeding’s were obviously fixed so you had all the big names coming in the last 3rd because there to old and unfit to do whole match. The middle part onwards was like watching repeats, new guys comes in hits all his moves then gets taken out by the next guy who does all his moves and next guys comes out and repeat. Why does the anointed one Reigns who is supposedly an enemy of the authority get a spot (at 30 no less!) but AJ who is a heel doesn’t? I was disappointed by the lack of surprise entrants no Kurt, Balor or Jo. Lesner, Goldberg and Undertaker were all just a waste of spots that could have been used to elevate over talent given how they were booked, two of them should have been in the final 4 at least. Randy winning the rumble saved the PPV from doing yet another heal turn but yet again it’s 2017 and were in a new era yet it’s guys from yester year that are being put over.

Mark Henry, Big Show, Big E and Bronn Strowman didn’t walk down the ring, because it was such a long entrance they were delivered by Golf buggy’s. Undertaker looks bad because he needs a hip replacement, I guess his hip is effecting his ability to train because he looked overweight.

Soldato
As much as taker looked a tad overweight, which could be forgiven as he's what, pushing 53? he looked so fragile when being attacked, he could deal it out fine, but when he went to chokeslam someone, I forget who at the start, and he was pulled off and hit around, the ambling around was like watching an old man off the street get ambushed, how much Goldberg had to hold back on the spear etc... :(

Soldato
And what does JBL like? :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o :p:p:p:p:p:p The guy certainly doesn’t lack for food given all the egg on his face!

That was sooo funny... :D

Mark Henry, Big Show, Big E and Bronn Strowman didn’t walk down the ring, because it was such a long entrance they were delivered by Golf buggy’s. Undertaker looks bad because he needs a hip replacement, I guess his hip is effecting his ability to train because he looked overweight.

I am pretty sure that he has had his hip(s) done recently

Soldato
i thought the RR was pretty good, the Cena/Style match was amazingly good. some of the RR itself was lame, i've made my dislike for Goldberg known and i thought this encounter was another fail; i suppose it sets up the "final" match after the pretty good "crestfallen" promo on Raw but it would still leave Lesnar w/ a deficit in the Wins column, so i thought Lesnar taking him out this time would have been a bit more logical. just hope to Hell the finale lasts more than a pathetic minute and a half.
Taker...i just wish he'd retired at the HHH/HBK match, as that was a great match and a great, logical end. Touting him now means a sub-minute appearance usually, must be real nice to get paid for that kind of a job. there's be absolutely no follow-up to his "i'm back, you better win the Raw/SD" thing they set up so that was pointless IMO.

not sure what else is gonna be set up for WM now it's looking like Seth is knackered again.

Soldato
not sure what else is gonna be set up for WM now it's looking like Seth is knackered again.

I am going out on a limb and saying that its a work. There is no way that the WWE would let Joe taunt Rollins on Twitter if it was a legit injury.

Bloody hell. I see one of the rumours doing the rounds is Cena and Nikki Bella vs The miz and Maryse...

Yes, me too.. What a horrible thought. Sounds like a mid Smackdown level match NOT a WM match. I have a feeling that there is a load of misinformation that is mixed with the real plans to throw people off, especially as most people were unhappy with the RR and Orton win after it was leaked.

Soldato
Rollins injury is legit, expected to miss 8 weeks. Mania in 8 weeks and 3 days....HGH to the rescue!

The Cena WM match thing has rumours of Nikki retiring so would be a suitable send off as no one can get boo's like Miz! :D

Back
Top Bottom