The Big WWE Wrestling Thread

Associate
Yeah agreed lego also LotusTurbo I'm not a hater I just think that its a joke that the two biggest matched on the card are two 'celebrity' matches. They may both be fighters in their own right but this is a joke not to mention Saudi Arabia and their disgusting ways. Very progressive card I see so far. All those great womens matches ;)

Soldato
Yeah agreed lego also LotusTurbo I'm not a hater I just think that its a joke that the two biggest matched on the card are two 'celebrity' matches. They may both be fighters in their own right but this is a joke not to mention Saudi Arabia and their disgusting ways. Very progressive card I see so far. All those great womens matches ;)
The thing is the amount the Saudis are paying Vince he can to get big names from outside the company for one events like this (about $35m a show apprantely) and p off the regular performers. One positive (or maybe tokenism) is this year they will finally allow a women's match to take place.

That Darby Allen from AEW is talented individual, he wrestled against Jericho for about 5 minutes with both his hands tied up and behind his back. He even done a sucide dive to the outside, I don't know how he could have protected his face.

Associate
Yeah it is just a token gesture and I don't think the match will go very long but at least they are wrestling this time. Loving Darby Allin too, his style is quite unique and for 22 year s old I think he has great things ahead of him.

Associate
I've just seen it on Twitter and I agree, he should have wiped his chuff on the robe and thrown it at the Saudi Princes. What a mockery this ppv is. I also just saw the Cain vs Brock fit into a tweet, what a bloody joke it is for Kofi to lose the belt for that.

Associate
Yeah Cain doesn't look the part and they have him doing generic MMA style stuff instead of the Lucha he was doing in AAA, granted it wasn't the best quality lucha but it wasn't bad. Apparently him and Rey will be a tag team from now on. Oh and have you heard all this nonsense about the Saudi show and the plane?

Soldato
Another successful Saudi Arabia trip! This time Vince apprantely got short changed by the Saudis so VKM took the executive decision to cut the live TV feed which upset the Crown Prince himself. This then led to most of the performers and production crew being held up on the plane for hours.

VKM really does have balls the size of grapefruits to purposely windup the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia.

Associate
Yeah its been a massive balls up, I think its disgusting that out of the few wrestlers on that leaked list none of them were Lacey or Nattie given SA's views on women and even how long its taken to get a women's match on the card.

Soldato
Not sure whether it's brave or stupid to get into a dick measuring contest with the CP. Either way if there is any truth to this it may at least be the end of these glorified house shows. It's hardly a good pay day if they aren't paying after all

Soldato
Anyone watch the AEW Full Gear PPV?

Having only recently (mostly thanks to AEW, but my interest picked up a couple of years ago) started watching wrestling for the first time since the first half of the nineties, it was my first wrestling PPV since Summerslam '92 :D

Loved the Jericho/Cody match, in particular. Not sure I'm sold on hardcore/deathmatch type stuff, but Mox/Kenny was certainly impressive. I skipped Spears/Janela and the Riho matches for now as I didn't have time to watch it all last night and wanted to check the analysis and chat today - but will go back and catch up with those later.

Associate
Yeah man I absolutely loved it and I don't think there was a bad match on the card. You should give NXT a go if you haven't already and especially any of the Takeover ppv's over the past few years.

Associate
NXT has pretty much turned into the replacement of ECW for WWE, the way its been promoted now and not how it was from day 1 being a "New upcoming wrestlers show to practice before making it to main show".

Back
Top Bottom