The Big WWE Wrestling Thread

Wrestlemania XL: Behind the Curtain has appeared on Youtube and it's quite interesting watching the behind the scenes back and forward on setting the main events up - Rhodes seemingly genuinely upset and it looks like a swap to Rock vs Roman was legitimately on the cards initially.

This was a good watch. They perhaps got a tad lucky with the fan heat but the creative talent all worked towards something memorable in the end.

I realise this might sound hyperbolic, but after years of evidence, culminating with Friday's Smackdown, I'm ready to say it: Paul Heyman is probably be the greatest talent in WWE, maybe all of professional wrestling.

He is pure entertainment. He must be so admired backstage as adds so much substance to all the production whenever he is involved.

Chelsea Green with the spot of the weekend! :eek: :D

Also NXT heatwave end of show spoilers:

uA2Jspp.jpeg

RIP Sid, i think he was angling to get into the HOF as about a month ago he posted that he thinks 2025 HOF would be his last realistic chance of getting in alive.

Very sad news. I started off with WWF and watched it where I could and then started watching WCW(actually think it was NWA back then) where I could sporadically watch on terrestrial tv and read about it in PWI. Loved Sting, Vader, Arn Anderson, Flair back then and a standout was Sid Viscious. Big massive mean guy that you could tell could be a total badass. RIP Sid

Jobber gets squashed.

I never did understand that spinning release 'powerbomb' style move Sid did, he only used it in wwe once or twice in his 91-92 run, presumably they asked him to stop using it as its basically another form of his finisher. It did look good but it made the powerbomb seem less of a move as the spinner had much more elevation.

Last edited:

Interesting to see how they spin this one! Will it be a whitewash what with Netflix about to get in bed with the WWE in a big way or will it actually go in on McMahon.
This looks good from the trailer. I doubt any of the stars we saw in the trailer would go too hard on Vince apart from maybe Bret. Also depends when this was filmed.

rp2000

Vince looks like he's melting, wtf is going on with his eyebrows? I know he's 79 but he aged DRASTICALLY in the last several years to say the least. At least he seems to have got rid of that weird 1920's villain moustache.

I'll definitely be watching this. The Mr MacMahon character is one of, if not the greatest heels that the industry has ever seen. Will be really interesting to hear some of his thoughts on everything that's gone on.

Back
Top Bottom