The "bracket system", or "bracketing system" (as named by myself).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Why don't you just learn to write English like everyone else (without the need for loads of brackets [as it is quite silly {and makes things almost unreadable}]).

Associate
OP
Explain to my why you need to repeat things you've already told us. It's in the thread title what it's called and that it's named by yourself. So why everytime you say it you have to bracket that it's named by yourself?

I repeat things to make them more accurate (I was told that one should try to make things said understandable if they were said with no contextual understanding assumed [it is also something I think is good]).

Angus Higgins

Man of Honour
:rolleyes:Why don't you do the right thing and close this thread to avoid anything like what you mentioned happened. Surely that makes more sense. It's clearly been posted to **** people off as he clearly hasn't been getting the much needed attention he requires of late.

And a NOTE TO EVERYONE - how about not replying to this thread? Just an idea.
No. :)

Soldato
:rolleyes:Why don't you do the right thing and close this thread to avoid anything like what you mentioned happened. Surely that makes more sense. It's clearly been posted to **** people off as he clearly hasn't been getting the much needed attention he requires of late.

I may have encouraged him to post it earlier...

]And a NOTE TO EVERYONE - how about not replying to this thread? Just an idea.

Says you, who seems to have posted? :confused::confused:

Mat

Mat

Soldato
Surely the rest of the world uses footnotes*, not inline brackets to split information that may or may not be interesting or relevant to the poster?

That way the flow of text isnt interrupted and the reader is made aware of further information without it getting in the way.

*such as this one.

Soldato
I repeat things to make them more accurate (I was told that one should try to make things said understandable if they were said with no contextual understanding assumed [it is also something I think is good]).

Angus Higgins

It's no more accurate if you tell us once. If I tell you my car is red everytime I ever mention my car to you I don't have to tell you it's red as you already know. If I told you once or a million times you know it's red.

Soldato
Learn to write English properly and you won't need so many brackets. You will find there are plenty of other, albeit standardised, grammatical methods to inject more detail into your sentences.

Associate
OP
I don't know if this has been asked or answered before but what do your parents think of your ways of communicating?

They ("they" being my parents) do not like the "bracket system", or "bracketing system" (as named by myself). (They said to me that it makes me look very odd [disabled {even}]).

Angus Higgins

Soldato
Your last bit baffles me as you say it can be more effiecient for the reader but it wholly isn't. You seem to think people can just block stuff out that's in brackets if they don't want to read but it's nigh on impossible to do so. The reader has to scan past it to get to parts which you think they desire and brackets just add too much clutter. Now if readers had swanky multi colur filtering glasses on then maybe your posting style would work(if you used colours[instead of brackets{.}])

Last edited:
Soldato
I do not believe your explanation, I believe this is an attempt to troll the forums. You know how people feel about your bracketing system - you have already had many threads that have gone off topic and become devoted to the topic of this bracketing system. This thread, IMHO is thus an attempt to greater stir up the negative response this forum normally gives your brackets. That is my opinion.

Caporegime
The only thing I want to say to Aberdeen Angus would get me a holiday.

The whole thing is just laughable though, and god help him when he comes to meet women, or just have a normal social life at all.

para(d[i{g}]m).

EDIT: You are on my ignore list by the way, I only chose to show the first post just to see how much of an abomination it was.

Associate
OP
I do not believe your explanation, I believe this is an attempt to troll the forums. You know how people feel about your bracketing system - you have already had many threads that have gone off topic and become devoted to the topic of this bracketing system. This thread, IMHO is thus an attempt to greater stir up the negative response this forum normally gives your brackets. That is my opinion.

No. (I believe it will allow people to understand it better [people encouraged me to post this {I would not have done it without this encouragement (as I have discussed the topic [with the afore-given explanation] on another forum)}]).

Angus Higgins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom